What's new

Box Didn't Pass Verification ...

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, Chuck I have an idea for you: back the fuck off. You have been creeping on every post I make for a few weeks now and I'm fucking sick of it. I have been contacted by more than one BOTL who's seen your shit and told me you have a habit of doing this here and on Facebook too. Fuck off, or I'll get the mods involved.
Holy Hannah....somebody give this man a hug!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP is a bit of a disappointing surprise. Unless I've got the wrong site, looks like cigar inspector would have pretty good feedback for this site. I hardly looked at reviews of all sites, but of the ones from HK, this site would have the best ratio of good to bad feedback of the 3 in HK I looked at, and better than the others I looked at outside of HK.
After this happened I tried to place a review at CI. It's currently "awaiting moderation".

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I've had decent luck from the vendor mentioned other than some issues with cracked feet on some Siglo IV last summer.
I do wonder if he's having shipping issues as well since I'm getting close to 30 days on one order. I hope it shows up in the next few days and I wish tracking was provided.
This snow storm isn't going to help our packages either. I'm still waiting on my package it's been almost 40 days s

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Why is it so hard to deal with Vendors who treat their consumers like shit? First of all....for those who purchase CC's...don't use MO's or anything else where you don't have recourse if things go wrong. I've always used a credit card that will let you dispute ANY charge...doesn't matter if it's CC's out of anywhere. I have a great card that I've had to use 3 times in 17 years for when I bought my CC's ( or washing machines to dishwashers ) and what you have to do is go through the hurdles of exchanging emails/pics to verify that you have tried to make contact with the Vendor to straighten things out. If the Vendor becomes an asshole then you make the dispute and you'll usually get your credit back within 24 to 48 hours. They will send you paperwork to dispute the case but you've already done your homework by then and have all emailings/phone calls/pics etc.

Secondly....the Credit Card Manufacturer could give a ratshole what you bought or where you bought it from....they basically don't want to know or they could care less as it's all about fraudulent purchases to them. As long as you aren't buying nuclear bomb material or funding ISIS you can buy whatever you want.

Ravi has enjoyed good relations with a lot of buyers but in the last year I have been reading way too much negative press and I don't personally buy or use him to expedite my purchases and I use 2 people that I have bought from for decades....they are instructed to open the box...inspect them...and put them back into a box that isn't labeled Cuban Cigars and for this I tell them to keep one cigar for their own personal use. I have them un band them and sent to me separately as I don't give a hoot about boxes.....I smoke cigars and not boxes. So far I'm batting a 1000 and this is the only way I do business anymore because I am always reading about threads like this. Find a reputable company....talk with a Rep. who has worked at this company for years and have his phone number...email address and establish a good relationship so that you aren't getting all anxious ridden over your orders. I know my tastes well enough along with the brand cigar that if there were any fakes I'll know it right away and then I would let my Rep. know and so far....no problems over the last 15 years or so. Remember....don't leave things to chance...we're talking about an industry that has so much corruption in it that every other monkeys uncle is always talking about being ripped off by XYZ company....what should I do....where do I go to cry....what if doesn't look like a real CC....what if my box looks like it came through Afghanistan with holes in it and the paperwork or code is torn off....whaaaaaaaaa. Give at least some due diligence to ensuring that what you are buying is real and not from Achmed or Zmed or some other 'med' who could care less about your order. ( mini rant over )
1. That seems like a LOT of trouble to go through just to get CCs...
2. What does the person's name have to do with anything?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list of rules to follow for this forum, i.e. things not to do that might get you banned?
I can't find one. So is it against the mysterious rules to post the name of a CC supplier? Or ask questions about same?
Will lightning strike me if I ask if the name of the dealer the OP used is ... ARGGGHHHH!!!!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Is there a list of rules to follow for this forum, i.e. things not to do that might get you banned?
I can't find one. So is it against the mysterious rules to post the name of a CC supplier? Or ask questions about same?
Will lightning strike me if I ask if the name of the dealer the OP used is ... ARGGGHHHH!!!!
We are not allowed to openly discuss vendors. You can PM someone and discuss it, but you can't post it for all to see. No lightning will strike you tho, its the internet.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1. That seems like a LOT of trouble to go through just to get CCs...
2. What does the person's name have to do with anything?
Then roll the dice ( said with all due respect )..accept garbage and sit on your hands and whine when you get screwed over. Do you not consider the amount of hurdles that you're going to have to leap in cleaning up the mess when things go wrong? The message was basically for those who aren't well versed in buying CC's....those who know what aren't fakes have already established how they want to do business. I'd rather set up a better way of doing things right the first time...without having to work backwards because I thought things will work themselves out and become the eternal optimist. Why do you think they sell insurance....protection because things can go wrong through no fault of our own but we still buy insurance....just in case.

Having a personal relationship with a Vendor means everything...unless you don't practice business in the real world....relationships bare fruit...non relationships bare nothing. The world and our lives deal in personal relationships just so that we're able to establish trust...otherwise what's the use in living unless you want to be a hermit. Think about your work....your friends....are you saying it's not worth maintaining a relationship so as to receive benefits...why get married...why have children...it's the same in large or small interactions. My knowing a cigar Rep benefits me greatly in ways where I never worry about my orders...I get the product I want at a price I get which isn't always advertised because I have a long standing account....they take the time to service my needs and they notify me ahead of time of deals that are coming.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Then roll the dice ( said with all due respect )..accept garbage and sit on your hands and whine when you get screwed over. Do you not consider the amount of hurdles that you're going to have to leap in cleaning up the mess when things go wrong? The message was basically for those who aren't well versed in buying CC's....those who know what aren't fakes have already established how they want to do business. I'd rather set up a better way of doing things right the first time...without having to work backwards because I thought things will work themselves out and become the eternal optimist. Why do you think they sell insurance....protection because things can go wrong through no fault of our own but we still buy insurance....just in case.

Having a personal relationship with a Vendor means everything...unless you don't practice business in the real world....relationships bare fruit...non relationships bare nothing. The world and our lives deal in personal relationships just so that we're able to establish trust...otherwise what's the use in living unless you want to be a hermit. Think about your work....your friends....are you saying it's not worth maintaining a relationship so as to receive benefits...why get married...why have children...it's the same in large or small interactions. My knowing a cigar Rep benefits me greatly in ways where I never worry about my orders...I get the product I want at a price I get which isn't always advertised because I have a long standing account....they take the time to service my needs and they notify me ahead of time of deals that are coming.
Whoa...
What I mean is, I can't say I have a relationship with my CC vendor, but the stuff I get is real and high quality, and never had a box go missing. And I don't go through all that rigamarole of de-banding etc etc etc. Nor do I know literally a single other person who does. But if it works for you, keep on truckin.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I stopped buying from Ravi for this reason and for general quality issues (mold in many boxes, specifically). If you want the cheapest thing, or to request one of his older boxes that who knows what the quality is going to be, have at it. But I consider dealing with him to be a gamble at best.

Now the fake barcode thing? THAT is way past basic customer service or quality issues. If true, it casts doubt on that whole operation.
@Senor Perfecto I have heard others complain about this vendor. I have not experienced any of these problems. He has been more than fair with me. When I lost a box (Sig IV) he replaced promptly. And when the original arrived out of the blue months later I informed him and he told me to keep it. So I have a sense of loyalty to him for his generosity. Shipping does take longer, I admit.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
@Senor Perfecto I have heard others complain about this vendor. I have not experienced any of these problems. He has been more than fair with me. When I lost a box (Sig IV) he replaced promptly. And when the original arrived out of the blue months later I informed him and he told me to keep it. So I have a sense of loyalty to him for his generosity. Shipping does take longer, I admit.
You're right, in the end it's just the shipping that sucks.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whoa...
What I mean is, I can't say I have a relationship with my CC vendor, but the stuff I get is real and high quality, and never had a box go missing. And I don't go through all that rigamarole of de-banding etc etc etc. Nor do I know literally a single other person who does. But if it works for you, keep on truckin.
You obviously know your stuff...and that isn't typical with those who start buying CC's. I've been doing it my way for years and it's as much a protection for them as it is for me esp due to CC's being intercepted and then having to go through all of the hurdles to get your original order. It doesn't matter who practices this or doesn't because I don't know every single cigar smoker out there. It does work for me which is why I do it....I don't leave anything to chance so as with anything in life we're all creatures of habit.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I've had decent luck from the vendor mentioned other than some issues with cracked feet on some Siglo IV last summer.
I do wonder if he's having shipping issues as well since I'm getting close to 30 days on one order. I hope it shows up in the next few days and I wish tracking was provided.
My original order that shipped on 2/22 still hasn't arrived, so I sent an email to the vendor and he replied within a few hours saying he would reship. I did place a different order that shipped on 3/3 and it arrived today so hopefully his shipping problems are over...

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm starting to wonder about our boy over there in HK as well to tell ya the truth. Just got a box of Bolivar PC's in. Only 10 of the sticks have triple caps. Either the roller was lazy AF or these are not authentic..... been buying from him for years though. The cazadores I just got in look legit so I think I may just chalk up the Bolivar's to a lazy few rollers... But I'm suspicious now.
I just placed an order for those two nights ago, I've never checked the caps.... Until this upcoming time now thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just placed an order for those two nights ago, I've never checked the caps.... Until this upcoming time now thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I smoked one today and it was fantastic. I'm just going to chalk it up to lazy rollers. The entubado on the other hand, spot on. Brilliant smoke and it didn't even get the usual full months rest. Bolivar PC just felt right today :)

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Thanks for your input. We appreciate it.
Hey, Chuck I have an idea for you: back the fuck off. You have been creeping on every post I make for a few weeks now and I'm fucking sick of it. I have been contacted by more than one BOTL who's seen your shit and told me you have a habit of doing this here and on Facebook too. Fuck off, or I'll get the mods involved.
LOL

I was thanking you.
Too late, mods got involved. A nice reminder, if you have a problem with another member, take it pm or report the post. It is never allowed to blast another member in an open thread. Also, continued harassment of another member is not allowed either. It's a shame I have to remind people, but here we are yet again. Perhaps it's time for someone to enter Coventry for a while. Simply put, knock it off.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just used this vendor for the first time. Ordered on 3/6 arrived yesterday. Packaged nicely in a box with boveda. I'll try a few smaller orders to keep testing the waters.

To the OP. If he doesn't reply to your email I certainly wouldn't expect a refund. Communication has been quick with them on my end. I suspect they've severed relations with you if they don't email.

Take it up with the CC after you fire one up. If it smokes good then don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I have had nothing but good luck with this vendor, even when I was caught up in a rash of confiscated orders during the summer of '15...I received a prompt replacement with no questions asked.
Now this is speculation on my part, but I suspect said vendor may have taken a hit financially at the time, and it seems (based on comments here, not based on any issues I've had) that things haven't been exactly the same since then.
Regardless, until he proves me wrong, I will still use him.
Trout