What's new

Brotherhood

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Tonight I worked a 5 hour shift at my second job at the cigar shop. Was a pretty run of the mill night for the most part. However, I had a guy come in that was a DPG/Tat guy, this was the first one I had seen in the 3+ weeks of working there. Definitely the most "personal" conversation I have had since starting there. We talked for a good 10 minutes about a number of things, he told me he was a member of another forum(CP), and I told him I was a member at BOTL. He picked up an Anejo 46 and a Cain Habano as we chatted.

This was the kicker however, as we were talking another customer came in the humidor and I asked if I could help him. He was for the most part fairly new to smoking but ready to venture outside of the "mild" range. As I talked to him "Mike"(customer I was chatting with) cut in and handed him a Padron 2000 and said "I overheard you guys talking and this one is on me". I was pretty taken back by this gesture... we finished up business and checked out. The "noob" was very grateful for getting a free stick and Mike said "this is what brothers do" and made a few comments of how he did it because he wished someone would have done it for him when he started.

Just thought I would share my story tonight, as I thought that was a pretty damn cool thing to do!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
it wasn't until a buddy (bgc) handed me a DPG black a few years ago, that i was introduced into a new world of cigars... outside of general cigar's crap that's peddled everywhere! i really thought i liked what i smoked up til that stick... now i realize that i had settled on the crap that was being fed to me. it took someone giving me a stick, 1 i had never heard of or would consider buying even if the local carried it, to break out.
that is something i still remember and i'm sure most have similer story's, so why not continue, pay it forward?

thanks for the story, craig!

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i'm glad so see other people doing this. my goal used to be to give out 1 stick to an aspiring or new smoker every time i went to my local b & m (about once a week)...but, the owner of the b & m gave me a lashing for giving away my own smokes to aspiring cigar lovers...i'm not allowed anymore.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
It's always nice to witness random acts of kindness. It restores hope in humanity. Now if the rest of the world would just pick up on cigars... Excellent story, thanks for sharing CMac.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This is such a great story. I was luck to have some people behind me and guide me as I ventured my way into the world of cigars. Nothing better than that!

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Cool I was at a pub/bar the other nite, imagine one that still allowed smoking in VA. The bartender told me you can smoke until someone complains, I thought damn this cigar will be short live. Nope got to smoke the whole thing and he noticed it was a padron that my lady friend was smoking. So I gave him a MF La Bijou 1922 and he said that was one of the nicest jesters. When he brought the bill he'd given me free beer, it was great trade.

Kindness goes a long way in making friends and impressions!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just like JP8 said, if there were more acts of kindness like this the world could be a whole different place.
There's just no 'community' anymore, everyone's out for themselves!!!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Great story Craig! I witness such generosity, every day, first hand on this board right here. Such a great bunch of people who go out of their way to bomb a noob into obsession.