What's new

Brothers Giving Back

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Some may know and lots don't. Next week June 3rd -10th, Joel DuBay aka @Smoqman Joe Barnas aka @Wicket , Ryan Wagner a new member and myself will be headed to Esteli Nica ......This has been a trip in the making sense Oct 2014, After all of us got back from Nica last year, We all knew we had to go back and help do something, So Joel and I started thinking lets make it happen, We started working with TECHO and Drew Estates Charities to see if a small group of Brothers went back to Esteli if we could get our hands dirty and help do a build (this has been a dream of mine sense we started working OE and from my 1st trip to Cigar Safari in 2012) . What started as project has now become a passion for me and I think I can say for allot of us......

We will have a chance to go visit the school and the kids that BOTL adopted (The idea is to set up more ways to help the kids, and to see what we can do as BOTL and as individuals) . We will also spend 2 days working with TECHO building homes in the El Belen area witch is one of poorest areas in Esteli . (this area is where we toured in Sept. of 2014 with the OE group) The Goal for DE Charities/TECHO is to build 8-10 homes in that weekend. BOTL will be apart of the undertaking, there will be over 100 volunteers and groups helping to build these homes for the families in need. I consider this as a part of OE and BOTL Giving Back. We will be posting lots of Pic of the Kids, the School and of the Build to share with Ya'all (if we are not able to post, we will be sending Pic to @YodisMatt and he will post up for us).

We wouldn't be able to do this without the support of Drew Estates, DE Charities and TECHO and the BOTL Membership... I really want to give a Special Thanks to the Three other very giving gents that will be going alone, This isn't a freebee , flights in and out of Nica, Time off of work, and the hard work that this will be. But I think we all agree that this is more than worth it......BOTL will truly be Giving Back ...... My hope and dream is that we will be able to continue this project (taking a small group of Brothers back) each year and to be able show the Kids and Families of Esteli that BOTL has there Back ......

Keep an eye on this thread , for more Stories and Pic's

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Thank you again Brad and Joel for thinking of me. I've been excited about this trip for months now! It's going to be a great experience to get down and dirty with everyone and make dreams come true for some families no matter how little they may seem in our world. On top of that it will be great to meet all you guys in person finally.

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
The journey begins ..
I didn't sleep for shit last night , to excited, i feel like a lil kid that hasnt traveled before ....lol
My bag was right at 50 lbs (filled soccer balls, footballs , jump ropes , and more goodies for the family ....

Will be meeting up with Joel in Atlanta...then will meet Joe n Ryan in Managua this evening .....

Stay tuned for more ...

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Good morning from Nica . All the brothers made it safe n sound to Managua, after getting settled at hotel , we prepared for the next with lots of laugh , cigars and a few glasses of adult beverage....

On today agenda Henry from Drew Estates will be picking us and transport us to Esteli to Cigar Safari where we will call home for the next week .....

DE has supported OE 100% , providing transportation, housing and food while we r here in Nica , for that help I'd like to thanks Drew Estate's for everything that they have done for this project....

More later have a great day, cuz we sure are ......