What's new

Brothers who homebrew!?!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Nice setup! Love the perlicks. Where did you get the chalkboard you have on there?
Thanks! Chalkboard was bought from the Home Depot. They come in sheets and I just cut it to size. I used it as a backsplash and also to cover the hole where the ice and water dispenser was.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is what it started off as.

Ripped out all the extraneous crap.

Installed 2 temperature controllers, one controls the freezer side compressor to cool the kegs, the other controls 2x120mms fans and a reptile heater to either heat or cool the fermenter.

Tapped the circuit board in the back to override the thermostat.

The hardest, messy part was removing the ice dispenser and cutting out the plastic and foam so i could install a new bulkhead and blow foam back between it and the front.

Painted it all black with appliance paint and chalkboard.

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
This is awesome. Right now just working with a group of three guys, brewing about 15-20 gallons every 2 weeks. We are fermenting in glass carboys in a walk-in cooler at a local bistro where we "rent" fridge space (we pay with beer), then each guy takes a keg home. I need to build a setup like this at home to maintain more than one brew at a time. Killer set up. Where did you get your conical tank? I've been looking around for prices but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is awesome. Right now just working with a group of three guys, brewing about 15-20 gallons every 2 weeks. We are fermenting in glass carboys in a walk-in cooler at a local bistro where we "rent" fridge space (we pay with beer), then each guy takes a keg home. I need to build a setup like this at home to maintain more than one brew at a time. Killer set up. Where did you get your conical tank? I've been looking around for prices but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Mikes is the one who turned me onto the 7 gallon conical. I got mine from www.ssbrewtech.com. It's a very good conical at an excellent price. If I had the space I would order one more.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Nice set up veeref! I need to better utilize the freezer side of my fermenter fridge. I just store brew day stuff in there now

Here is where I am currently brewing this morning (garage).....oatmeal stout partial mash.

Here is where I will be brewing as soon as I convert the blichman from lp to ng (new outdoor ma cave *almost done*)

Sent from my kegerator

Ps sorry I do not know how to resize my photos or post just the thumbnail you click on to make bigger.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nice set up veeref! I need to better utilize the freezer side of my fermenter fridge. I just store brew day stuff in there now

Here is where I am currently brewing this morning (garage).....oatmeal stout partial mash.

Here is where I will be brewing as soon as I convert the blichman from lp to ng (new outdoor ma cave *almost done*)

Sent from my kegerator

Ps sorry I do not know how to resize my photos or post just the thumbnail you click on to make bigger.
Very nice brother!

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mikes is the one who turned me onto the 7 gallon conical. I got mine from www.ssbrewtech.com. It's a very good conical at an excellent price. If I had the space I would order one more.
Awesome! I'll take a look. Thanks for the ref

Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Sent from my kegerator

Crap dude! Looks like the next herf is at Mikes. 😉

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0

Sent from my kegerator

Crap dude! Looks like the next herf is at Mikes. 😉
Agreed! I would book a flight for that! Haha

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anytime you happen to be in austin ;). Just got the tv mounted, grill converted from lp to ng and hooked up, fireplace cleaned up and working. Today I'm pulling wire from the dtv dish, hooking up the av receiver, and drinking. Tomorrow will be another early morning brew to beat the Texas heat, then off to look at recycled glass and or granite countertops as well as concrete stain.

Thanks for comments y'all.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Anytime you happen to be in austin ;). Just got the tv mounted, grill converted from lp to ng and hooked up, fireplace cleaned up and working. Today I'm pulling wire from the dtv dish, hooking up the av receiver, and drinking. Tomorrow will be another early morning brew to beat the Texas heat, then off to look at recycled glass and or granite countertops as well as concrete stain.

Thanks for comments y'all.
Nice setup! I just dry-hopped my 5th batch of Zombie Dust. Jdog got me hooked on this permanently.

We should get together with Herfin_Harg (Max) next time I'm in Austin.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I took the plunge and did my first ever brew yesterday. I will say, its quite the rabbit hole and I am about to fall in, hell, I am at terminal velocity already. I have a list if upgrades I want to do. But here is a couple pics I took.

I did a yeast starter.

Checking my original gravity.

And letting it ferment away in the pantry.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well, I took the plunge and did my first ever brew yesterday. I will say, its quite the rabbit hole and I am about to fall in, hell, I am at terminal velocity already. I have a list if upgrades I want to do. But here is a couple pics I took.

I did a yeast starter.

Ahhhahahahahaha. And you thought cigars were a slippery slope. "But honey it is cheaper than buying craft beer. " "Well but sure the $300+ I spent on a 15 gallon kettel to do full boils only improves the quality of my beer." "Oh, and the money invested in that immersion/counter flow chiller helps me cool the wort faster allowing for a better cold break and in the process a clearer more stable beer." "Um, the money I spent on the chest freezer/refrigerator to use as a fermentation/serving chamber." "Oh heck. The kegging system saves time instead of bottling and allows me to serve real cask ale if I choose." "The HERMS system I added only adds to my control of my mash temp and allows for step mashing if I so choose." "That tri-ply kettel is sweet! It will allow me to try some of those more traditional German Beers that require decoction mashing and help minimise the risk of scorching the mash. I know, I know. Most malts these days are fully modified and don't benefit from a decoction mash, but I found this really cool under modified pilsner malt I wanted to try." :D

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I did a yeast starter.

Ahhhahahahahaha. And you thought cigars were a slippery slope. "But honey it is cheaper than buying craft beer. " "Well but sure the $300+ I spent on a 15 gallon kettel to do full boils only improves the quality of my beer." "Oh, and the money invested in that immersion/counter flow chiller helps me cool the wort faster allowing for a better cold break and in the process a clearer more stable beer." "Um, the money I spent on the chest freezer/refrigerator to use as a fermentation/serving chamber." "Oh heck. The kegging system saves time instead of bottling and allows me to serve real cask ale if I choose." "The HERMS system I added only adds to my control of my mash temp and allows for step mashing if I so choose." "That tri-ply kettel is sweet! It will allow me to try some of those more traditional German Beers that require decoction mashing and help minimise the risk of scorching the mash. I know, I know. Most malts these days are fully modified and don't benefit from a decoction mash, but I found this really cool under modified pilsner malt I wanted to try." :D
Haha, those are great reasons to spend money on home brewing.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
rfraser. I'll be bringing some homebrew with me for the Yumaherf-2014. Hopefully I bottled it properly. Haven't bottled in a while. It's a Smoked Märzen. Should pair real well with cigars. We will see. It will be more of a Keller bier since I haven't had time to lager it long enough and do not filter my beer.