What's new

bu-bye anchored putters (about time)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just because I'm too lazy to look it up...of the "top 10" golfers on tour, how many use an anchored putter?

TapaDeezNuts

Don't know about the top 10, but I think ESPNs article said 4 of the last 6 or 7 major winners have used it. Most recently Adam Scott at the Masters.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I agree Bill. The game is hurt far more by hot balls and toaster size drivers. When Tiger won at TPC this year, he was 'driving' with a 5 metal. The ball was traveling 290. Absurd. I do not use a long putter myself, but I don't begrudge anyone (including pros) using them.

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
I personally could give a rats ass what putter a guy uses, you still gotta sink the putt. I think the long putter is more difficult and looks ridiculous. It's been said already on this thread, start looking a clubs and golf balls. I'm mean, if I can get massive bite with a pro v1 imagine what a good golfer could do. Golf is about picking a piece of land apart in as few strokes as possible, not 400 yd. drives.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
As I read the rule, long putters aren't completely banned. It's about the "anchor point". As long as you don't anchor it against any part of your body....although I will admit, note 2 of the ruling is confusing to me. This past year I switched to an Odyssey Metal X Dart Broomstick putter (50" I believe). I absolutely loved it and putted considerably better last year. I don't anchor it against my body though. Is my top hand on the club considered the "anchor point" under note 2 of the rule...even though my forearm doesn't come into play with my grip either.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Anchored putting wasn't an unfair advantage since everyone had the option to do so. The driver and ball are bigger issue, also remember when they rough used to be rough? it's now practically the same height as the fairway.
and don't give me that "violates the rule" bs. It's a rule that if you turn in a incorrect scorecard your disqualified from the tournament(unless your name is woods and in contention in a major championship)

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
That rule was changed about signing an incorrect scorecard was changed 2 years ago(see rule 33). They didn't just all of the sudden forgo the rules because it was Tiger.

A rule has been put in place regarding the COR of the new drivers.

It's up to the tournament committee how they want to set up a golf course. You won't see the US Open with fairway height grass in the rough.

Deep breathes bro, it's just a game. You guys make it sound like we should all play with Mashies and Niblicks and use gutta percha golf balls ,lol