What's new

Buena Vista Cigars - Review

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Gary sent me a sampler as he had offered to anyone that would post reviews. I took him up on it and so did a few others here on the board. I have three more to work through which I'll try to do by the end of next week.

Being an Ultra Premium cigar they'll slowly show up at your B/M's but not as quickly as your every day sticks do. This is their first release as well, so it might take a little more time to gain traction.

Retailers found here

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
They are some really sexy looking sticks.

I can't wait to get into them. Fulfilling an obligation review right now for the Outlaw house blends.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Damn, no retailers on my island. I'd be happy to do reviews though! I'm new here, and it would likely be my first review, but I'm a very good writer (when I'm actually writing for a purpose.)

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ok, my day or two since the last one turned into a month and a half. Work and coaching eat to much of my time.

Anyway, I smoked the second one of these, same size so no pictures this time.

1st Third - Again picked up White Pepper and a touch of Wine Cask, could be what I thought was cedar on the first stick.

Burn was good as was the draw.

2nd Third - White Pepper left again turning into a toasted nutmeg flavor.

Smoke wasn't huge but plentiful.

no 3rd Third as the complexity never changed for me and I ended up nubbing it until I was burning the tips of my fingers.

Overall impression:

Good smoke, not complex though and a tad light for me. Would be a good morning smoke but I want more when smoking something in the evening. The Draw remained smooth and consistent throughout. The construction of these are top notch, right up there with the best of them IMO.

I'm not certain of the price, but originally these were to MSRP in the $17 area. IMO that is a bit steep for what the smoke delivers as there are plenty in that price range and lower that I would go to first. If the LE2008 came in closer to the $10-12 range then i could see myself adding them to my humidor.

There is the Reserva line that was suppose to MSRP around the $11-12 range with a different flavor profile.

I haven't found these in a B/M anywhere near me so I can't check the actual pricing and I may be completely off the mark, I'm only quoting what I've read elsewhere concerning prices.

For the right price I'd keep some in stock. I'm just not sure where they are.