What's new

Building a stash without breaking the bank?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
OK i have a question that i have been trying to solve but need help. How do you build up a good inventory without dropping your monthly mortgage payment. so far i have been buying in 5 packs and singles from the local b&m (86% tax plus sales tax and markup in Utah), but that doesn't add up to many extra cigars. I only smoke a cigar maybe twice a week if im lucky so its hard to drop 200 bucks on a box. Any tips or tricks?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Box is really the way to go. Save up and purchase a box it is or can be expensive but if you get a box you really like then every month buy a different one or be it the same by the time you finish your first box (at two a week) you should have a variety of smokes. It expensive to start a collection and for the most part get a bit cheaper (exceptions to the rule) while you smoke through your stash.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Find something you like for your tastes, instead of something people say is the next great thing. My first box(actually a bundle) was 20 Gran Habano Vintage 2002s for $35. For under $2 a cigar it let me smoke something I found enjoyment from for nearly no strain on my financial budget. Some great cigars like the PCR can be purchased for around $4 or so and are fantastic smokes. Another great way is checking the FS section here. People will often make lots of 20-50 cigars when they need to make room in their humidors and will sell them off for upwards of half off retail. This is a great way to try out a bunch of cigars for a great price.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I buy a handful of sticks at random, hardly ever a box. If I bring a stick to the b&m and smoke and buy one to bring home. If I buy one there to smoke and buy an extra for the humidor. I would say I probably have about 80 sticks all of which I love in the humidor right now. I would say I smoke about what you do maybe 1 or 2 a week.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
The El Suelo and Trocadero lines from L'Atelier are great tasting, quality smokes that can be had for roughly $60 a bundle from Atlantic (site sponsor too). I can't recommend them enough.
yup, our brother from a down under mother has this spot on! just such sexy smokes for the price point. only down side is no RG under 50.

hey, pete, trocadero CG? canhaz? o)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If I were new here and starting over I would buy almost exclusively from the FS section here. Many great sales at terrific prices have come and gone since I started coming here in 08.....

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Bro,
try the lesser spoken cc names
nickels to bang ratio, these smokes absolutely take the cake
to name a few, consider: r&j coronitas, partagas aristocratas & h upmann regalias
theyre all good !

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I would just build up your stash slowly, especially if budget is a concern. If you smoke roughly 8 cigars per month, buy 10-15. Don't worry about not being able to fill out a walk-in. You won't have a ton of extras on hand at first, but you don't win any points for how many cigars you have. Also, set aside a couple hundred bucks for when you see a box you gotta have. If the $$ is already set aside, you don't have to worry about how it will impact your other obligations.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Also, like the others said, I like to buy from here or the site sponsors. I reserve b&m purchases for the occasional one or 2 stick splurge. It's great to support your local, but it just makes sense to buy online if you can get almost double for your $$.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK i have a question that i have been trying to solve but need help. How do you build up a good inventory without dropping your monthly mortgage payment. so far i have been buying in 5 packs and singles from the local b&m (86% tax plus sales tax and markup in Utah), but that doesn't add up to many extra cigars. I only smoke a cigar maybe twice a week if im lucky so its hard to drop 200 bucks on a box. Any tips or tricks?
Right now I'm working with a guy named cateacher...you send money and they will send you sticks, apparently well over what you payed. Maybe that's the way to go. This seems like a vey reputable site, so I might try some of the trading threads.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right now I'm working with a guy named cateacher...you send money and they will send you sticks, apparently well over what you payed. Maybe that's the way to go. This seems like a vey reputable site, so I might try some of the trading threads.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Im on a tighter budget also. Smoking only a few times a week will help ya build some stock. When the weather is Warmer i smoke an easy 8 or 9 cigars a week.

Watching the deals on the bigger cigar sites will help. Cbid can land ya some awesome deals. i really like ab black markets, man o war have been good, diesel is also good. For a 5$ smoke they're really hard to beat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If I were new here and starting over I would buy almost exclusively from the FS section here. Many great sales at terrific prices have come and gone since I started coming here in 08.....
I know I'm new here but where is the FS section.
You dont have access yet. Gotta get 30 posts i think?? I DO NOT recommend buying boxes yet. Your tastes are going to change so much, that you might look back and say, damn, I used to smoke that? Its not a huge deal if you do, but buying 5 packs or at least a couple of each stick, will give you a good gauge on what you may like. Start as slow as you can, cause its going to get real nasty soon!!! Take it from me, and everyone else on this board, haha.