What's new

Butchering Spare Ribs

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice tutorial, Gale.
That`s pretty much the way I learned to do it. I don`t throw anything out but the membrane though. A couple of my sauce recipes call for meat stock, so I use that big, nasty, boney piece for that. Otherwise it goes in the smoker (space permitting) and I`ll snack on it myself or pick off the meat and add it to beans, etc.
I first became interested in BBQ while living in Texas about 30 years ago:drool: Since then, I`ve done Q mainly for family and friends. A few years back, I served BBQ at my twins` grad party, and the reaction was such that I got to thinking about how few and far between are good BBQ joints in this part of the country. Some have encouraged me to do my part to remedy the situation.
Now I`m considering a major life change (I work in the auto industry), and BBQ might play a part.
Please talk me out of it:grin:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Nice, what's your dry rub mixture made up with if you don't mind sharing your secret recipe?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
WOW! Thanks for the tutorial!! Perfect timing. A local market is having a week long sale. Buy 1 rack get 2 free! So far I`ve got about $38 invested in 6 racks. 4 days left till sale ends, plenty of space left in the freezer!! This summer is going to be ribalicious. :widemouth

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
you could use that meat and bone to make a pork stock. Anytime I make a lot of chicken, shrimp, lobster, or beef I use what is left over to make stock. I have plastic containers that will hold about two cups, which I use to freeze, so I always have stock on hand. It is better than that canned crap.

Just my 2 cents

sorry ya beat me to it....lol