What's new

Buying a house:Short Sale approved closing 1/27/12

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
So after being renters for 5 years. The wife and I have decided to buy a house. We put the offer in today. We will hopefully here something by Wednesday. It is in Spring Valley, AZ. I have a bonus with the house the garage is finished and the wife says it can be my man cave. So if we purchase the house I will post pictures of the beginning project to finish. So excited about the new adventure.

I am so stoked the offer was already accepted. It only took 5 hours now to their lender. It is a approved short sale so it should be good.

The sellers lender approved the short sale will close on 1/27/12. My man cave is getting closer. We are so happy it has only taken 1 month for the short sale approval,

Last edited:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Congrats! I just bought my first house this past May & there's really nothing like owning your own home. Lots of work & upkeep, but definitely worth it. My one stipulation to my wife when we first started looking was a man cave & I'm glad I held firm on that because it's basically the only room I have in the house now! I'm sure you already know, but make sure to get a home inspection & don't be hesitant to have the sellers fork over the cash to fix any problems.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Congrats brother. Short sales are a long and comsuming purchase. Hopefully your real estate agent has laid all the draw backs out to you. It is a perfect time to buy a house though. More houses than buyers, which makes it a buyers market, and lower house prices.

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
what a great time to buy a house if you can afford one, low market value, exceptionally low interest rates....Congratulations on a place you can call home!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you choose your inspector carefully. I'm fighting a war right now with a local guy who missed an active roof leak and refuses to make right on it.

Other than that, good luck and congrats.

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
As others have said short sales are a long process. The wait is worth it tho. I have know a lot of people go thru the process. I have a friend currently that is going thru it. They put in the offer, was accepted, but then they had to wait for all the paperwork, and legal stuff to be done by the current owners lender. after all that, their lender did the appraisal, and it came up to 5k more then their offer, so the owners lender changed their mind and wanted that extra 5k. He could have counter offered, but he said fuck it, and gave in. He just got a closing date this past week. He is 9 months into it as of next week. For him it was fine because he was in no hurry, but if you are, a short sale might not be the way to go. Also Congrats.

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Make sure you choose your inspector carefully...
This is a great point and not one that is always thought of. I always choose a structural engineer to perform the inspection over just a home inspector.

For example, here I used Criterium-Lalancette in Vermont. Engineers cost a little more but have better tools and experience, in my opinion. My current home was built in 2005 and they found some potential structural reinforcement suggestions. Seller took care of them and I have a better piece of mind.

So if the engineers could find things in a relatively new home, it shows their value for my thinking. Take it or leave it, but that is what I would suggest.

-TG

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Awesome news! Congrats. I hope you enjoy the man cave - I can say that after having one, I'm scared to move at the risk of finding a house without one...

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Yes, the short sale can be a pain. It is a approved short sale so it should not take as long hopefully. I am like a kid at Christmas time have not had our own home is a while. I bought my last house in low market and sold in high. The man cave is a plus I am already picking the paint and the furniture for it. Yes, there will be a herf in the future the Valley people will have to come to the hill country though.
Thank you for all of the advice we picked a good inspector and the VA will do their own since it is a VA loan.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Yes, the short sale can be a pain. It is a approved short sale so it should not take as long hopefully. I am like a kid at Christmas time have not had our own home is a while. I bought my last house in low market and sold in high. The man cave is a plus I am already picking the paint and the furniture for it. Yes, there will be a herf in the future the Valley people will have to come to the hill country though.
Thank you for all of the advice we picked a good inspector and the VA will do their own since it is a VA loan.
Should be an awesome time! HERF in the man-cave!

Although I'm so far north I don't think you're more than 35 miles from me... so not too far.