What's new

Buying cigars in Cancun,Mexico

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
@DainiusTheNovice just think of it from our perspective, it does get repeditive when we see the same question 6 times in one month. But dont get discouraged. Ask some of those questions in chat for immideate awnsers, and more in depth explinations

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As navyvet said, chat is a great spot to ask things in. Yeah you will get the on and off snide comment but for the most part any question asked will get you a few solid answers. Don't be shy. It's typically the same names in there all through the day and night.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DainiusTheNovice just think of it from our perspective, it does get repeditive when we see the same question 6 times in one month. But dont get discouraged. Ask some of those questions in chat for immideate awnsers, and more in depth explinations
I did think about it from your side but I don't understand it on this type of question. I asked where to buy good cheap cigars in cancun. Shops open and close all the time new sources can pop up to. I can understand the impatience of questions about seasoning a humidor or questions about RH. But this is a question where the answer can change from time to time. I also would like to build relationships with active members on this site and thought this would be a good way to do it. I am trying to find the people that want to be helpful and just generally nice and build a relationship with them.Also I do not have friends that smoke cigars so this is the only way I talk to people about the leaf.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Regarding Cancun, two things:

Don't pay attention to the box codes if buying singles. They just refill the boxes when they're empty with cigars from fresh boxes so they don't have to move the price tags on the boxes.

EVERY Cuban cigar I saw outside of the LCdH was fake. Found one other large cigar store in a mall, they had Cohiba ELs that didn't exist and all kinds of other fakes. And the humidity inside the walk-in must have been above 80%, I described the stock as "nerf cigars".

Bite the bullet and pay the LCdH price if you want a smoke. They made a killer mojito last time I was there as well.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I also suggest trying out some of the real life roller cigars on the street. I had a couple from a guy in playa del carmen and I thought they were great. Not cuban, but still you can get some unique mexican cigars that taste good as well.