What's new

Buying new truck

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
BTW, never saw this thread coming. :hysterica
Maybe because I said I was looking in getting a truck in the car accident thread? :bottle: :hammersma :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'd have to go with Ford. I bought a new Ranger 4WD in 1996 and it's still going strong at 205,000 miles. Other than oil changes, tires, brakes and things I've only had two repairs. The first was the alternator at 196,000 and the second was front wheel bearings just recently at 204,000. Great truck!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have never owned a "real" truck but the reason I asked is because we use Chevy's at work for our delivery trucks. They take a MAJOR beating and all have over 200k miles w/ no problems at all (except for 1 that has this fancy high dollar engine - ie special order, not typical). They are all diesels and don't get turned off at all, all day, every day.

I will ask during lunch what the model is and how much the price range they are in.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i would either go with a new Chevy super duty or with the Nissan Titan.... Both are excellent trucks.. I have had three Nissan trucks and i have not been dissapointed once...

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
hey e,

if you are going to buy a truck I can get you a discount on fords and toyotas through friends in the auto industry. give me a call if you are interested.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
hey e,

if you are going to buy a truck I can get you a discount on fords and toyotas through friends in the auto industry. give me a call if you are interested.
Hit me up bro, I'm curious as to what kind of discounts I can get. These auto companies have been pushing their "buy our cars for the price of our employees" specials which, if I'm thinking right, is just a sales gimmick. :dunno:

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
vipe said:
Hit me up bro, I'm curious as to what kind of discounts I can get. These auto companies have been pushing their "buy our cars for the price of our employees" specials which, if I'm thinking right, is just a sales gimmick. :dunno:
No... you don't think that the car companies would be straight up with us? I am truly shocked!