What's new

Buying new truck

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Definately run like hell from that 9.9%. And I'd have the Credit Union approval before shopping. That way you can do what you want when you want. Smokem's got a good idea though.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Thanks for the advice guys. Credit union trick sounds good :)

To be honest, the only credit I have at all is 60 months in which my father co-signed for me on my car. My FICO is about 712 or 714.

On a side note, the auto repair shop called me and said he was suprised as hell that my insurance company didn't total-out/salvage my car by now. He asked me if the inspector cranked on the car and I told them they didn't. Rod is all bent out of whack and said replacing the engine would be more than the value of the car and would call the insurance company back. So I'm waiting to see what the insurance company says...

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
rosenberg isn't that far to drive for a good deal. that dealership was recommended to me as the best in the greater houston area by the vice president/director/whatever of ford motor credit in this area.
Jorge, what was the name of the FMC guy again? Mike Stout?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That Fico score isn't horrible by any means..I think they are jerking your chain....Mine was in the low 600s and I got a lease no problemo from BMW.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The dealership is limited to the amount of profit available to them on an employee pricing deal. Only way to make up profit for them is to try and undervalue your trade in..(which you dont have so that will not work) or make it in the back with the f&i department.

A little on rate a warranty and some credit life and accident and health and the profit margin is back up.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
john tripp said:
The dealership is limited to the amount of profit available to them on an employee pricing deal. Only way to make up profit for them is to try and undervalue your trade in..(which you dont have so that will not work) or make it in the back with the f&i department.

A little on rate a warranty and some credit life and accident and health and the profit margin is back up.
You're absolutely correct.

I did originally put a 'trade in' in the deal. And they ony wanted to give me $3000 when the KBB is a little bit over $4000 (before it got flooded out).

I will be bargaining in the extended warranty and re-tinted windows but you bet your ass I'll decline that rip-off 'life insurance' crapola.

I now have a sheet printed out I take with me that has all the rates/mos/costs in a little table for reference while I'm out looking. Anyone know the APR formula off-hand?

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
wasch_24 said:
700+ is good man. They are trying to make up for the "employee" pricing with the interest rate. It's prolly Ford Credit too isn't it?
I think so too, I agree and yes.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
700 is excellent, i would still check out carsdirect.com, sometime you'll find cars under invoice and most always beat the dealers msrp.

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i still laugh when people take out that extra payment insurance. it's funny, and usually duplicative of other coverage that they have. a "scuker bet" as it's referred to in las Vegas.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
low interest loans on 60 months equal about $20 a thousand financed.

20,000 equals about 400 per month.

1000 divided by 60 equals 16.67 that is just principal no interest.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
john tripp said:
low interest loans on 60 months equal about $20 a thousand financed.

20,000 equals about 400 per month.

1000 divided by 60 equals 16.67 that is just principal no interest.
something like $20 per 1000

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like the new GMC 1500 styling and the comfort it has. Plus it'll haul a ton! My wife's cousin has one and it's really nice.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
sounds like the finance guy is trying to fuck you. I wouldn't put it past them. when I was in college one of my room mates bought a car. they were charging him like 8%. a few days later another friend called me and asked "hey did travis just buy a new car?" "yeah, how do you know?" "well I work at the dealership, and I was doing some paperwork and saw his name. does he know he got approved for 5.9% and they are charging him 8%. you never heard this from me but he needs to have that shit straightened out"

my friend at fmc wouldn't be able to do anything, they/he deals directly with the dealerships. I believe he's the one that actually finances the purchases of the cars from the factory to the dealerships, so he doesn't deal with customers. he can get you an x-plan price, that's about it. right now you can get a-plan (which is better than x-plan) from the dealership.

if I were you I would have gone to a different dealership. give dub miller a try.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes, word to the wise is always shop around, it's not like there is only one ford dealer in Houston...There must be dozens...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
With the GM deals going on now I'm getting a 2005 Chevy HD 3/4 ton diesel crew cab for less than my 2002 cost me. With this employee pricing my buddy who owns the dealership sold 39 of 40 3/4 ton diesel and larger trucks this month and over 100 1/2 & 3/4 ton gas models. He also says the extra ins. and extended warranty is where they make the money.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's my recently purchased (April 29th) Dodge 1500 Quad Cab with Hemi...

The mountain was part of the optional Alaska package. Haulin' that hunk of rock around even gives the Hemi a workout.

There's a lot of good information out there on the net about buying a new vehicle...things you need to know that a dealer doesn't want you to know. It really helped me out. I the deal for about 3.5% over invoice, then knocked off for the factory-to-consumer rebate. Decline the extended warranty and bought my own for half the price.