What's new

C-Bid

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
To any Cbid newbies watch the shipping cost for multiple single items. I won 10 lots of single butane canisters. They charge shipping for each lot. Ended up paying a bunch more then if I had bid more for a single lot of 10. Shipping kills you on multiple low cost items.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Never had an issue with their Caldwells until my most recent win of 10 Long Live the King Heaters. They don't burn well and the nuttiness that I associate with the line is quite muted. Not enough to scare me off yet, but enough to surely take notice.

As far as some saying that their cigars from C-Bid are too wet to smoke after 6 MONTHS in their humidor, I'd wonder if maybe their humidors are set to 70 Rh. :rolleyes:
I usually smoke one right off the truck from each shipment these days. Nothing I've ordered in the last year was as bad as what I buy from the JR Cigars brick and mortar. Most actually smoke quite well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As far as some saying that their cigars from C-Bid are too wet to smoke after 6 MONTHS in their humidor, I'd wonder if maybe their humidors are set to 70 Rh. :rolleyes:
I've experienced that with some cigars from the cbid. I remember specifically it was a box of Diesel Sherry Cask. Off the truck the sticks actually felt heavy and reeeeeeked of ammonia. I put them in a separate tubadore at 62% to let them flash off. It took 6 months for them to not smell like Windex. When I got them they were swollen at the band. After 6 months the bands were lose. I tried one and it wasn't right. So I tried one at 8 months and it was decent. I'm at 11 months now and it's gtg.

I've had off the truck cbid cigars that are great, but they've always been better after a month of rest. Everyone has a different preferences for patience and taste. Some sticks are gtg and some take time. In my experience CC's need a few years until ready but I know plenty that smoke em when they get em. Do what you like. There's no concrete timeline. I just smoke them when I feel they're ready. Some take a month, some take a year, some take 3 or 5+ years.

Cbid has been amazing for stocking up on AVO's. I've been winning 5 pack samplers for like 15 bucks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've snagged some Diesels off of there for good prices and some other randos. I never had any problem with them as long as I let them sit for a bit before sparking em up.