What's new

CA Cigar of the Year?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Whomever pays the most advertising money will determine the list. A bunch of horse crap IMO. Blind reviews and they only smoke an inch of each cigar. Example, Cigar of the year 2009 - Casa Magna??!?! Come on, really?

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I would put the Oliva Melanio Maduro, Tat 10 Year, LFD Chapter One, LFD Factory Press IV, UF-13, and the Montecristo Epic #2 (I am a little biased) on the list. The Melanio Maduro IMO was perhaps the best of the new cigars. Will Padron be eligible even though they didn't release anything? IMO the 80th is always #1 on my list every year. I wasn't a huge fan of the Davidoff Nicargua, but I imagine it will be on the list. It was good, but it didn't reach my expectation.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Padron will be in the top 5 because they always are. And honestly they do make a top 5 cigar ALWAYS. (In terms of consistency. No greater brand for consistency IMHO.)

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That rag is fixed all to shit !

My only vote would be that rocky inc. finally takes the big ca drag queen cigar of the year.:razz:

lolz

Thanks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ligas never make the list (or DE so I wouldn't put money on the HE making the list either)
My Father does a lot of advertising on the site so the El Centurion will DEFIANTLY make the list.
AB for sure for one (biggest advertiser)
Always at least 2 CC'c on the list; I would guess the Cohiba PE or the HdM LE 2013 and a regular release (No idea)
Maybe a tat (2011 list had one)
Probably an Oliva
No idea on everything else
Ligas never make the list (or DE so I wouldn't put money on the HE making the list either)
My Father does a lot of advertising on the site so the El Centurion will DEFIANTLY make the list.
AB for sure for one (biggest advertiser)
Always at least 2 CC'c on the list; I would guess the Cohiba PE or the HdM LE 2013 and a regular release (No idea)
Maybe a tat (2011 list had one)
Probably an Oliva
No idea on everything else
I couldn't agree more. Who's playing is who's paying. Advertising dollars still speak louder than the truth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Don't know politically who will make it but I love the El Centurion so I would hope it makes the list.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
Man this has been a year for some stellar smokes, ones that I think actually will have a shot at the CA top spot are Davidoff Nica Short Corona and Herrera Esteli Lonsdale Deluxe, both which are extremely worthy.

But then there are the smokes I also absolutely loved that I think should be tops but won't. Lat MAD44, Tat Reserva Regios, Tat Black CG, JD Howard Reserve HR46.

And finally one I know won't get it but was really great, Ezra Zion Eminence, there were a few vitolas that were homeruns, don't think enough people have gotten to try these.

brandoncpm

BoM Nov '13
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Man this has been a year for some stellar smokes, ones that I think actually will have a shot at the CA top spot are Davidoff Nica Short Corona and Herrera Esteli Lonsdale Deluxe, both which are extremely worthy.

But then there are the smokes I also absolutely loved that I think should be tops but won't. Lat MAD44, Tat Reserva Regios, Tat Black CG, JD Howard Reserve HR46.

And finally one I know won't get it but was really great, Ezra Zion Eminence, there were a few vitolas that were homeruns, don't think enough people have gotten to try these.
Just had my first eminence and agree this is a great stick. Really under the radar. not many have even heard of it

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Whomever pays the most advertising money will determine the list. A bunch of horse crap IMO. Blind reviews and they only smoke an inch of each cigar. Example, Cigar of the year 2009 - Casa Magna??!?! Come on, really?
7-20-4 lancero scored a 92 in the most recent issue, highest rated cigar manufactured in Honduras and highest rated Lancero... never advertised with CA before. Remove the tinfoil caps gentlemen, its not nearly as bad as many think it is when it comes to advertising dollars having an effect on ratings.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
7-20-4 lancero scored a 92 in the most recent issue, highest rated cigar manufactured in Honduras and highest rated Lancero... never advertised with CA before. Remove the tinfoil caps gentlemen, its not nearly as bad as many think it is when it comes to advertising dollars having an effect on ratings.
True, but Ligas have scored in the 90's with them for years, and they even named them as the "The hottest brand in America"... But ive never seen them in the top 10... DE also doesn't advertise with them. Just a thought, tho

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
The 7-20-4 Lancero is that good IMO. I also agree on the Tat Reservas but would like to add the JG Hawaiian Exclusive, Belle Encre and the Reinado GER Lancero. Probably not, but the DE BOTL Corona and CG were stellar to say the least and would go in my top 5 if anyone gave a crap.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I would love to see the Cain F lancero and the Headley Grange Esputendos on the list. Rep the smaller ring gauges and smaller (more awesome) companies... not that crowned heads is small anymore...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I wonder if the fact that you can never find ligas has anything to do with them not being in the list. Just a thought...