What's new

CA- Top 25

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well the list has started over at CA and I have high hopes that they will have a good list this year as years past has been spotty at best. I must say I think they are spot on with their first unveiling of spots 6-10. This gives me hope that this years top 25 will be more legitimate than normal:

10 LFD Air Bender Chisel
9 H. Upmann No 2-Cuba
8 E.P. Carrillo Elencos Edicion Limitada 2010
7 Illusione Epernay Le Matin
6 La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Magnifico

Can't say I disagree w/any of these being in the top 10 as I have smoked them all and they are each worthy. I personally put the Mi Amor closer to the top but a great start for CA.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone else wonder if Padron will pull off another #1, this year, with this year's Family Reserve?
If I was a betting man, I would lay odds on Padron pulling off another #1. But, I always lose bets. That's why I'm not a betting man. :)

I would have to guess they were in the top 3.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I would definitely wager they pull a top 3 and probably 1. Personally, it's the way I would go as well. That said, it is funny how Fuente and Padron are pulling top 3 'grades' nearly every year and every year they place two page ads in their publication.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I can't believe the E.P. Carillo is on the list. I cannot stand his cigars.
Dan I've seen your stash and smoke a ton of the same stuff you do but have to say this time I couldn't disagree more. The 2009 inaugural was just ok at release but is now just short of stellar. And the short run just as good. Have you revisited them?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The EPC Limitada 2010 was a damn fine cigar, IMO. Well worth the price tag, I wouldn't mind having a box at all. I could see Padron's 46 winning again, friggin' amazing cigar!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
That said, it is funny how Fuente and Padron are pulling top 3 'grades' nearly every year and every year they place two page ads in their publication.
Welcome to corporate America, look at any hobby and you will see the paying companies get bonus points under the table. At least they are not as bias as Ccom's awards IMO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so common in publishing for awards to be linked to ad buys. I don't put a lot of stock in this sort of thing.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If it's linked to ad buying how do any CC's make the list? Dion doesn't advertise in the mag at all yet keeps getting top 25 nods. Not to mention their biggest advertisers (Davidoff and General) consistently rate the lowest in every issue. Maybe and this may be a stretch for some of the conspiracy theorists out there but just maybe the Padrons make fantastic cigars which are worthy of the high number of top 3 finishes.

Personally I thought the Mi Amor would go #1.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Air Bender Chisel is a great cigar and deserved to make the list.

I haven't had the E.P. Carillo on the list, but I thought the Short Run was one of the year's best.

I've only smoked one Mi Amor. I thought it started out great but got extremely bitter towards the end. This could've been due to it being a bum stick -- I will definitely try two or three more.

As for the rest of the of the list, the T52 better be in the top 5 or there'll be hell to pay.