What's new

CA- Top 25

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Seeing as how there are always 2 Cuban cigars in the Top 10 (since at least 2005) it's not too difficult to figure out #1...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
DPG makes the #6 La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Magnifico for Ashton.
My bad, you are correct, forgot about that :)

Still, I would put quite a few Tats above the Viaje (and do on our list)...

The Rumor is that the #1 spot will be the Alec Bradley Family Blend T11, although the BHK has not made an appearance as of yet either...

~brooks

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Interesting that they would put the Padron 45th Natural at no. 3. Where will the 46th fall?
Off the list in my opinion. That cigar is unimpressive with too thick a ring for the blend.

#1 is a toss up between the Alec Bradley T11, BHK, or Trini Robusto T I'm guessing.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
ahhh... I didn't even realize that was the 45th, at #4... So, is the 46th gonna take #1?

I do find it strange that it's not the cigars JUST from that year. Really makes a strange framework. So, a 2009 cigar can be the 2010 cigar of the year. Kinda weird, I think. I don't know. Maybe it's my scientific side wanting it more quantifiable.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Alec Bradley being #1 would be as bad a Casa Magna being #1 a couple years back. The EP carillo I had was bitter and not impressive at all. I'll be guessing that the BHK makes #1.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Off the list in my opinion. That cigar is unimpressive with too thick a ring for the blend.
Third or fourth person I've heard say that, and all from guys like you whose opinion I trust.

It's also interesting that the 45 was a natural and not a maduro. The naturals usually fly under the radar. I remember some crusty old PAN coronas from the late '90s that were incredible.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Third or fourth person I've heard say that, and all from guys like you whose opinion I trust.

It's also interesting that the 45 was a natural and not a maduro. The naturals usually fly under the radar. I remember some crusty old PAN coronas from the late '90s that were incredible.
You want one to see for yourself? I can ship it out tomorrow. I've got your addy.

The naturals fly under the radar because the Padrons make alot less of them. Sorry but don't remember the percentages. I find them to be great with a much smoother taste profile than the maduros.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

I'm a Maduro man so if I had the chance I would take a Maduro version of any cigar over a natural 9 times out of 10.

I've only had 2 Padron Aniversary's that were Natural. the 1926 No. 35. My father got me 2 of them for my birthday. They are quite strong for a small cigar. I enjoyed them very much, they are one of the best cigars I've ever had. But still... I'd go Maduro if I could.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0

I had a 1926 serie # 9 natural this year that was incredible. My B&M stocks mostly maduros, especially the higher up the scale you go. Go figure. :(