What's new

Cabinet humi, Woo-hoo!!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I was just going through my coolidor admiring my collection... now after seeing your collection, I feel small and sad. ;)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Nah, just finding time with a 3 yr old and newborn around the house to take pictures!?!

I'm posting these pics to give reference for anyone else on the fence of buying a cabinet. I looked a long time for pictures of some filled to see how the boxes could fit and didn't see too many examples...

It's probably a good thing but I don't have a ton of room left to be tempted to go on a big buying spree! LOL I filled it in a hurry so I know that it can be organized better when more boxes come in though... :) I also have had some Rh issues and the conclusion was I got a bad controller and Bob sent me a new one. Good service...

Drool...

Very, very nice, man!!!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Very cool Ryan. Love the finish... if you don't mind me asking, what do you think the storage capacity for boxes actually is for the mix of sticks that you usually purchase? I'm interested in your estimate versus what's advertised...

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
GOOD NEWS- Just awesome bro!

BAD NEWS- By the looks of it, you're gonna need another cabinet pretty soon!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Very cool Ryan. Love the finish... if you don't mind me asking, what do you think the storage capacity for boxes actually is for the mix of sticks that you usually purchase? I'm interested in your estimate versus what's advertised...
Well I can tell you I have 77 boxes of cigars in there right now. Plus 4 empty boxes that I am using for loose singles. Plus 4 cedar trays for singles that are the size of a large cuban dress box each. I can definitely organize better with room for another 15 boxes probably.

So with my cigars, I'm guessing the capacity is 100 boxes give or take a few without really analyzing it. Keep in mind I have temperature control so that takes away storage space because they build in extra wood and insulate all the sides and doors. If you get the Mxt without temp control, you will have 2-3 extra inches on every side for storage.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Well I can tell you I have 77 boxes of cigars in there right now. Plus 4 empty boxes that I am using for loose singles. Plus 4 cedar trays for singles that are the size of a large cuban dress box each. I can definitely organize better with room for another 15 boxes probably.
Strong in you, the Tetris is, young padawan! For 25 boxes, you must strive! :cbig:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0

So with my cigars, I'm guessing the capacity is 100 boxes give or take a few without really analyzing it. Keep in mind I have temperature control so that takes away storage space because they build in extra wood and insulate all the sides and doors. If you get the Mxt without temp control, you will have 2-3 extra inches on every side for storage.
Great info and thank you for adding the temp control clarification as that is what I would like to get if I can every pull the trigger.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
edit, I have 6 empty boxes for loose cigars in there, not 4. So definitely 100+. Also, I can edit my 77 boxes to 78 after adding my Partagas 898v that landed today. :)