What's new

Can we talk Tequila?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tried the El Padrino. Kind of like an adult candy. The vanilla, sweet brown cooked sugar was amazing. Almost a butterscotch toffee on the nose. Very nice!
Whoa...OK now I have to try that because it sounds like it tastes similar to the Diplomatico rum I love so much...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It reminded me more of a rum then a bourbon. Sweet but not Diplomatico sweet. I had to think if they added a touch of sugar but then remembered that cooked Agave is sweet. In Blancos the sugars are competing with the sharp notes of raw liquor. Maybe vanilla from the barrel made the sugar stand out a bit more.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The only tequila I've had that I could truly pour a glass of and drink like bourbon is Jose Cuervo Familia Reserve. This is NOT your drug store Cuervo. Its an extra anjeo and north of $100, when you can find it.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is probably the smoothest blanco I've ever had. I need to try the repo and the anejo...because the price can't be beat. Smooth, not too sweet, not too vegetal. And for reference, this is being consumed with no salt/lime nonsense and at "Texas room temperature"...aka on a tailgate in a hot-as-hell garage with 95 degree heat outside. @Boudie - if you decide to give Blancos a whirl again...here's a strong recommendation.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
This is probably the smoothest blanco I've ever had. I need to try the repo and the anejo...because the price can't be beat. Smooth, not too sweet, not too vegetal. And for reference, this is being consumed with no salt/lime nonsense and at "Texas room temperature"...aka on a tailgate in a hot-as-hell garage with 95 degree heat outside. @Boudie - if you decide to give Blancos a whirl again...here's a strong recommendation.

View attachment 163549
Hope you didn't kill that all in one sitting Carlos! :cool:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The second worst night of drinking I ever had. Started mood swinging between drunken rage and depressed crying about 3/4 of the way through the bottle.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
That sounds like me and Crown Royal.
@Icehog can share the story if he wants

So we was on a med cruise uss jfk and we stopped in terigona spain for three day port call. So I head out to the local watering hole about 5pm. I sit there the bar tender starts talking to me after about three drinks I only know there was tekillya and orange juice in what he was giving me after about 12 of those and the bar they are working at is closing they ask me.if I want to accompany them to another bar with foosball tables sure. He says we will be riding mopeds to the other bar and do I want to drive...:stop: WELL FUCK YA I WANNA DRIVE. So we get to the other bar apparently they are regulars there so we ant payin for nothing. After about 8 more yeah I am not feeling all that well so I go outside knowing I am about to Ralph. So I go sit on the curb unbenounsed to me it is directly in front of the picture window to the bar. So I start blowing chuncks everywhere, next thing you know cops are there, and shortly after that shore patrol... Well fuck I am going in liberty risk now, but I tell the driver I am like look I didnt do anything wrong just having a little too much fun, just drop me off about a half mile from the port I will walk the rest of the way and you tell the quarter deck you couldnt find me and everything will be cool. He pretended the whole way that he didnt hear me or he wasn't going for it. Then he stops l, I was like HELL MOTHAFUCKING YEAH. LATER DUDE.
I barely get to the quarter deck and that lieutenant on watch knew I was three sheets to the wind. Didnt say a word to the rack I went and felt like death the next day. No more tekillya ever jim beam same thing and I love bourbon