What's new

Candela Wrappers

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It seems I'm seeing a few more brands adding a Candela offering? I have tried alot of cigars over the past 3 years but never had a Candela wrapped cigar. Am I missing the boat? Are they good?
Something about the green wrapper freaks me out :scratchhe !!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I've had a couple of the Arturo Fuente Cnadellas in the past and I thought they were pretty good. You're right though, that green wrapper makes it kinda hard to have an open mind about it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Never had one. I saw some Fuente candellas at Holt's over the weekened. Never thought to pick one up and try it. Guess I was keeping a closed mind. What flavor profile does that wrapper offer?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Minty eh....hmmm not sure if I want mint with my cigar....I'll have to give one a try.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd never tried a candela, so when my local shop had some 8-5-8's, I bought a few. I tried one and had to put it down after 2 inches.

It's one of those things. Others may like them, but it just did NOT do it for me.

PM me your addy, TJ, and I'll send you some to try.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
last year I tried the 858 fuente candela and was very impressed. It's still green b/c they never cured the cholraphyl (sp) from it so it has a slight grassy taste to it. Not a young tobacco taste like hay but jast a grassiness to it. The mild spice of the 858 blend did not everpower the wrapper. Good St. Patty's day smoke.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When I first started smoking cigars (10+ years ago) I used to pick one up at JR's on occassion. I don't remember what they were like, but soon moved onto the ERDM and have never looked back.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
When I first got back into cigars this past summer I had a Thompson Iguana that nearly ended my comeback! :barf:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I've had an Astral Candella, wasn't inpressed at all. The wrapper is really light and you can taste a bit of the chlorophyl in it...slightly bitter. But the real test is in the blend though. I'm sure that Fuente does it better than Astral, but you can taste a bad marriage of wrapper/filler.

I think it sucks when there is that much dischord between the two.

I could single out the wrapper and could tell that it was being offset by the strenth of the filler. Not really bad, just not that good either.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
jcgoldner said:
When I first got back into cigars this past summer I had a Thompson Iguana that nearly ended my comeback! :barf:
I've heard bad things about this one. Like worse than others. Not just "I didn't like it" but "BARF!!"