What's new

Carlos Torano's Fortress

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Has anyone tried out Torano's latest blend yet?

All of the sizes are very large RG's, and I know that there aren't a ton of huge RG fans here.

Regardless, I hear it has quite a unique flavour profile. Apparently there is some spiciness as well as a vanilla component that give it a one-of-a-kind taste.

Plus, it comes in one of the coolest boxes ever...

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Vanilla is one of my favorite flavours in a cigar.

I definitely have to give these a try.

In fact, I've never had anything by Torano.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I havent had any torano? It it worth the venture down that lane?

I'm wondering the same.

He has a wide array of blends running the gamut from mild to full body, and several blends have very high scores and lots of praise.

I would probably start with Fortress, simply because its flavour profile sounds really interesting.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm not familiar with them but the Torano Master Brand is a pretty good smoke. It comes in three sizes (robusto, churchill and torpedo) and is priced at $5.60-$5.90.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The Exodus 1959 - 50 Years is a damn good maduro, the one that "I" and my Boss thought was just horrible is one of his new releases, The "Single Region - Serie Jalapa". In my opinion it was just down right nasty tasting.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The Exodus 1959 - 50 Years is a damn good maduro, the one that "I" and my Boss thought was just horrible is one of his new releases, The "Single Region - Serie Jalapa". In my opinion it was just down right nasty tasting.

Yeah, I hear nothing but great things about the Exodus 1959.

That's crappy about the serie jalapa. Was it just too young? Or it's just not very good?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I think he was doing a takeoff of Pete's Single Region releases and his just didn't turn out very good. Not sure if they were to young they just tasted nasty to both of us.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I was a torano fan when first got into cigars, along with cao, RP, Gurkha....u know the regular new smoker line up.
IMHO they are in that kind of cigar. I like a few blends, but a rare thing to grab one these days, just not up to other brands flavor. And I haven't had the fortress blend.
I think torano makes/rolls a lot of Gurkha, could be wrong.
Like always, to each his own.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've had the Exodus 1959 Gold Robusto and it was a very good smoke with lots of bitter chocolate notes.

The 1958 Silver I had was s a little more earthy and nutty. Both are good and I keep some in my humidor.

Regards
Randy

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I agree with Larry on the Serie Jalapa thing. It was just plain and boring and awful. Other then that, I love Torano's stuff. The Virtuoso is a great stick and the 50 year Platinum is amazing. His Cameroon is delicious as well and his regular line maduro (not the 50 year) is a really good stick. I highly suggest trying his stuff if you haven't yet.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these in the nub size and really enjoyed them. People look down on Toranos I think because they aren't considered to be a "higher end" smoke, but I like several of their blends. The 50 year is one of my favorite smokes period, as is the standard Exodus 1959. Highly recommend trying his stuff if you haven't already.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had hit or miss experiences with them. The Exodus and Noventa's are amongst the best sticks they offer. The single region was horrible, so bad that my B&M comp'd me and threw in a PDR for my experience.

That said, I would give this a try.