What's new

CA's 2016 Top 25

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So CA put out cigars 8, 9 & 10 today and the winners were. . . .

#8: Oliva Serie V Melanio Robusto
#9: Hoyo de Monterey Epicure #2 (CC)
#10: Punch Gran Puro Santa Rita

Thrilled to see a sub $6 stick make the top 10-- that Punch is a great smoke and with a 25 count box going for less than $100 (!) is a major bargain.

Haven't smoked the Hoyo--

I picked up a box of the Oliva about a year ago and that too has been a great smoke. In the shadow, a bit, of the figurado, I thought it had the same flavor profile in a shorter but just as satisfying smoke with an excellent draw.

Your thoughts?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fair enough, I guess. I agree with the Crowned Heads video-- "Say what you want, it's a conversation starter." I've always found it as a nice checklist of stuff to try in a given year. Found some great sticks that way.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
yeah, i was in the middle of typing that out when @JonHuber posted. it is indeed a conversation starter.
If true, i just find it crazy that they smoke so little of a cigar before moving on. i would punch myself in the dick if i smoked only an inch of a Crowned Heads stick and tossed it. those things are delicious.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's interesting to see year after year - with the Punch I think the Sierra is a better smoke than the robusto. They do smoke multiples at one sitting and don't smoke all that much of them (this is the 2nd smoking of the "best" 100 or so from current year.
They do increase the price of cigars! They can't raise them fast enough once this list comes out.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I take it all with a grain of salt, but I do look forward to it every year. I have to say (at least in the last few years - my memory isn't good enough to remember too far back) but their picks are usually pretty good smokes.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Word.

Do you feel like they taste to "thin"?
I wouldn't describe it as thin, I just think the flavor profile they do have is not one I enjoy. About the Epi 1s, I think they taste "sour", as in I identify the taste as similar to something "spoiled".....I don't like the Epi 2s, but they aren't as distasteful to me. Like I said, kind of crazy, because many of my smoking buddies love them both.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Epi 1s have never satisfied me. Epi Especial and San juans and Des Dieux are my top 3 hoyos
I definitely like the "du" and "des" Hoyos, du Prince, des Diuex and du Maire are all excellent. I have not tried the San Juan.

Thought of another one I don't like....the Petite Robusto. Gah. :ROFLMAO: