What's new

Casa Magna - Like It?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
OK, ended up with one, I think from the +1 pass. Threw it in the box I have with the other "low end" stuff:devil:. Might have to dig it out tonight.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
now i'm curious. saw them at the closest b&m to me last week. the guy that was working that day, who continually tells everyone that comes in that the ashton esg is the greatest cigar secret in the world, was explaining the casa magna to a customer. his explanation was ...." i don't know if it's the strongest mild cigar i've ever smoked, or the mildest strong cigar i've ever smoked."
for some reason that really didn't sell me on trying one!!!

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Seeing how Casa Magna got a 92 in CA & being that it's from Fonseca/Nestor tag team, I'm betting that it hit's the 25 next week.

For <$5 bucks, it's a great stick... being that it's a relatively small batch right now, they will probably be sold out for a while. I also hear they are to replace the JDN 1970... Though that's all hearsay...

Somebody here definitely has more info than I...

Wigwam_Motel

Banned
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My BM has two boxes and they been sitting for a while, so I smoked one, and yes they are good. Not bad of a smoke. I understand if your smoke 8 to 12 cigars a day, after a while, you can tell if you really like a cigar, but with CM you smoke it fresh morning smoke, great, full of flavors.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I smoked mine tonight and wasn't wowed or turned off either one, mine seemed a bit young still and the amonia was fighting with the flavors. Not bad and will likely get much better with age, good for the price, but falls short of most my regular smokes.

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've tried them in several sizes and and really liked them all. I just wish I could get them online so I don't have to pay CA's stupid taxes.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice little cigar presented by Fonseca. I enjoy them from time to time.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I've been meaning to try this, but when I saw CA made it the #1 cigar of the year I ran to my local B&M to try one before they sell out. WOW, what an awesome smoke regardless of price. I think CA actually got this one right (plus they downgraded the Decade to 92 points). They seem to think the robusto is the best in the line. 5 more only cost me $32 with CA tobacco and sales tax.

I need to do some more research, but I actually found some similarities to the Tat black. I hope the rest are as good as the first.

My B&M carries the Gran Toro 6 x 56 (58?), Torpedo 6 1/4 x 54, Torito 4 7/8 x 60 Corona 6 x 46 and Robusto 5 1/2 x 52

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is made by Quesada not Fonseca

Fonseca is a brand BY quesada

this is an amazing smoke btw

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All the guys (myself included) at my B&M were not overly impressed.

Not a bad smoke and its cheap. Unless the robusto is something really special compared to the others, I don't really get the hype.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have been reading all kinds of reviews on this cigar as when it came out the ratings are higher than a kite. Without smoking one all you can do is read reviews from those how have smoked them and still,,, this cigar is either you love it or not. A few have given it a rating that the cigar is just "ok",,,,,as always I will follow my own tastes but so far I can't find this sucker. It's either on back order or you can't get one. One day I'll try and give a review.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Have been reading all kinds of reviews on this cigar as when it came out the ratings are higher than a kite. Without smoking one all you can do is read reviews from those how have smoked them and still,,, this cigar is either you love it or not. A few have given it a rating that the cigar is just "ok",,,,,as always I will follow my own tastes but so far I can't find this sucker. It's either on back order or you can't get one. One day I'll try and give a review.
I have a box of Robustos I am going through, PM me your addy and I will send a couple for you to review :)

~brooks

Rating - 94.4%
20   1   1
I had one of the robusto's and it was pretty good!! Had a lot of hype being cigar of the year but I didn't think it was the best!!! Might try again!!!

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
The smoke I had must have been a dud. There is no way anyone could have enjoyed the one I had.

I will seek out the Robusto this time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I found that the first 'sample' batch that was sent out to B&Ms was better than the shipments to follow. I bought a box originally because I liked 'em so much, then I recently ran out an bought one from a 3rd shipmet to the B&M and it tasted slightly off. Still good for the price, but didn't have the effect on me that the first box did.