What's new

Cat Litter for cheap humidity beads?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As has been talked about...KL and Beads have been debated so many times and each has their fans. I've used beads for 10 years and had my issues with them...I havee 25 humidors and changed over the the Exquisicat Unscented KL and every single humidor is rock solid...you start out with no DW being put on them...you put then in a container where you expose as much surface area as you can....not rolled up on a sock or or in a bowl...you put it in the shallowest container you can find. I'll take KL over beads any day of the week over beads...my choice. If those who don't want to use KL...don't...use your beads or your boveda packs or your incantations...just knock it off with the KL hating.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For my 18 bottle wineador, I bought silica KL from the local grocery store. Put it in a tupperware container, let it sit for a couple days not touching it and RH is 65%. So in went the boxes and I lined two shelves with the spanish cedar that come in boxes for my singles. It's been 2 weeks now and still at 65% RH@65*. I'm sold on the KL.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
With kl or beads do you use fans? In a stand up cabinet humidor do you put them just at the bottom or on every shelf? The whole idea of something other than a humidifier is new to me thank you all.