What's new

Celebration sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “revisiting old favorites” thread got me to thinking... What sticks do you guys smoke to celebrate special occasions?

As for me, I generally stock my humi with all my favorite stuff, so I rarely go and blow a lot of coin on a celebratory smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Depends what I'm celebrating. Or what cigar seems fitting, for whatever reason. Sometimes, it's whatever I feel like smoking.

That said, I've been known to buy CC boxes from certain months to celebrate major events in my life - I have a box from my daughter's birth month, and a box from the month that she came to live with me full time

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a handful of what I would call special cigars for one reason or another. But I don't need a reason to celebrate to smoke one, if I get the mood to smoke one I will. Rather it be a vacation, birthday, anniversary, or just the drive up work, if I feel like it I will smoke it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The “revisiting old favorites” thread got me to thinking... What sticks do you guys smoke to celebrate special occasions?

As for me, I generally stock my humi with all my favorite stuff, so I rarely go and blow a lot of coin on a celebratory smoke.

These have been my “regular” special occasion smokes:

AF Anejo #77 (Sharks)
AF Hemingway Signature Rosado
AF 8-5-8 Rosado (2009) - when I can’t find / remember which cooler the Signature Rosados are stored in :banghead:

Yah, I’m a Fuente ‘ho. :LOL:

But been thinking of changing it up a bit and ash up the Padron Family Reserve cigars I’ve been gifted / slowly acquiring.

Ultimately though, marking the occasion is the important thing, not so much the cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have been my “regular” special occasion smokes:

AF Anejo #77 (Sharks)
AF Hemingway Signature Rosado
AF 8-5-8 Rosado (2009) - when I can’t find / remember which cooler the Signature Rosados are stored in :banghead:

Yah, I’m a Fuente ‘ho. :LOL:

But been thinking of changing it up a bit and ash up the Padron Family Reserve cigars I’ve been gifted / slowly acquiring.

Ultimately though, marking the occasion is the important thing, not so much the cigars.
Funny you should mention the Hemingway Rosados. I had just happened to pick a couple of them up at a local B&M that same day.
I typically find Fuente to be a bit overhyped/overpriced (with the exception of the Gran Reserva Sun Growns). After smoking the 858 Rosado and the Magnum 52, I have to admit that I’m impressed.

Both of them were very smooth and medium bodied with the 858 delivering more of the creaminess and sweetness. Seeing as the 858 and Magnum R 44 are the same ring gauge, I’m going to have to keep my eyes peeled for the Magnum 44, as I believe it will match the 858 flavor wise but hit the “sweet spot” in smoking time.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Funny you should mention the Hemingway Rosados. I had just happened to pick a couple of them up at a local B&M that same day.
I typically find Fuente to be a bit overhyped/overpriced (with the exception of the Gran Reserva Sun Growns). After smoking the 858 Rosado and the Magnum 52, I have to admit that I’m impressed.

Both of them were very smooth and medium bodied with the 858 delivering more of the creaminess and sweetness. Seeing as the 858 and Magnum R 44 are the same ring gauge, I’m going to have to keep my eyes peeled for the Magnum 44, as I believe it will match the 858 flavor wise but hit the “sweet spot” in smoking time.

Send me your address, l’ll send you an R44.

Sine-Qua-Non

Sine-Something-Or-Other
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tend to treat every day as a special occasion, so I just smoke whatever sounds yummy at the time. That being said, if I’m going to specifically pick something unique, chances are it’ll be a Padron 80th maduro perfecto, or a 40th maduro torpedo.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The R44 was the first stick by Fuente that really sold me on the brand.
As for your question, I don't celebrate with anything special. On special occasions, I smoke a tried and true stick. For me, that's usually a Cuban in the 5-7 buck range. I keep the "special occasion" sticks for when life really slows down and I can savor every moment of that smoke and appreciate it for the unicorn it is.
Just my 2 cents.
Long ashes, bro.

when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Smoke a BBF for my sons bday each year courtesy of some fine brothers on the board. Other than that whatever I reach for on the occasion for the occasion, but I guess it's usually some sort of celebratory smoke. I have a Davidoff Royal Release waiting for a job that crosses a set monetary threshold, I'm hoping that cigar doesn't last too much longer. I tend to smoke what I once deemed celebratory, at any time now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Smoke a BBF for my sons bday each year courtesy of some fine brothers on the board. Other than that whatever I reach for on the occasion for the occasion, but I guess it's usually some sort of celebratory smoke. I have a Davidoff Royal Release waiting for a job that crosses a set monetary threshold, I'm hoping that cigar doesn't last too much longer. I tend to smoke what I once deemed celebratory, at any time now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Damn, this reminds me I gotta find a birth month box to do this too for my recently-ish first born son.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I appreciate your generosity kind sir, but I went ahead and ordered a 5er. I have faith that they’ll be stellar.

Imho, they start to peak at 3 to 3-1/2 years of rest. My current box is at 5-1/2 years and I can tell they're starting to lose a little bit of flavor.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me it is without question the Cohiba Esplendido.
I have purchased several boxes of these over the years....let them age and use them as a celebratory time to associate time\place of events like my kids birthdays, graduations, etc. Since I travel a lot I love to take special cigars to each city\country and smoke something that identifies that memory. Normandy was such a place where I smoked a Partagas Lusitania......Gibraltar.... Partagas Series 1......Rome I smoked a lot of Cohiba Siglo IV's....Portugal I went through a box of RASS.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imho, they start to peak at 3 to 3-1/2 years of rest. My current box is at 5-1/2 years and I can tell they're starting to lose a little bit of flavor.
I remember reading somewhere that Fuentes are an “old school” blend that needs humi time to really shine. I have to wonder if they suffer from the same short supply/high demand “curse” as the CC sticks.

Anyhow, my hypothesis was proven correct. I found a Magnum R 44 while poking around in a B&M and picked it up. It was magnificent. To me, it was pretty much identical to the 858 Rosado with a shorter smoke time. Now I can’t wait till that 5er gets here.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I remember reading somewhere that Fuentes are an “old school” blend that needs humi time to really shine. I have to wonder if they suffer from the same short supply/high demand “curse” as the CC sticks.

Anyhow, my hypothesis was proven correct. I found a Magnum R 44 while poking around in a B&M and picked it up. It was magnificent. To me, it was pretty much identical to the 858 Rosado with a shorter smoke time. Now I can’t wait till that 5er gets here.

Fresh R44s are still a fine smoke. The extra nap time was caused by overbuying (...aka “hoarding”...) after I smoked a few.