What's new

Cellophane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again!

I am about to start filling my 25-50 Humidor with some sticks I prefer. It's all seasoned and ready to go!

Some Cigars come in a Cellophane tube (duh), but the question is whether they go in the humidor with them on or off? I would think if you keep them on, it could trap moisture and cause them to be soggy, but what do I know.

Any words of wisdom? Store them with it on or off? Benefits to either?

Thanks again for all the help!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
there are MANY pre existing threads on this (which i cannot look up on my phone at the moment), but the consensus is, it is only personal preference. a stash full of beautiful wrappers is sexy, but yellow cello showing age is as well. also, cello protects from nicks and scratches.

also, cello will breathe slightly, which is why they are shipped in box like that. it is less a vapor barrier and more a packaging layer.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The age old debate!

I keep most cello on since im too lazy to remove it.

Now cedar sleeves I remove because THOSE can lock moisture and cause mold. Learned that mistake with an Anejo back in the day

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I've had many debates about this topic with fellow aficionados and no one ever agrees with each other, take the cello off and run the risk of an unplanned marriage leave it on and you might dry out the cigar, I like the middle ground of leaving the cello on but cutting the ends so the cello offers protection but doesn't choke the cigar from humidity. The only cigars in my Humi that have no cello on it are all the same (Herrera Esteli Toro) and those are separated from general pop by ceder dividers! This is just my option I'm not saying I'm right but that's what i do.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Definitely a matter of preference, no right or wrong. I prefer to leave it on.

I wouldn't worry about the "marrying" of flavors of naked, non-flavored or non-infused cigars. Never had it happen in my experieince, nor heard of any of my friends having it happen to their cigars.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Oh boy oh boy...

I love i love talking taking about the about the same stuff same staff over and over and over and over and...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't buy any cigars with cellophane cause all the good stuff comes without it.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
A friend of mine just avoided a huge beetle problem by keeping this particular stick in the cello. No other sticks were affected. Dont know if they would have eventually eaten through the cello but it may have kept them contained. Who knows if he would have had a worse problem if he hadnt have pulled that stick out of his humi and saw the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.