What's new

CG Tat Black Review

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Well, I did it. I smoked my first Tatuaje Black from the CG release in 2008..This is my first posting of a review ever so here goes....

The Cigar:

The Tatuaje Black had a slightly veiny wrapper that had an unfinished foot and a Fuma cap. It did not have to much of a smell alone (Hay) but all of them together in the jar had a wonderful aroma.

There were two small holes that looked like bettle holes...OMG....and the filler underneath was a little soft. After checking the other sticks and the jar, it does not appear any of the other sticks have the same issue and there are no sign of beetles....

The cigar did have a flat spot in the middle from where the band held the bundle together. Maybe it was too tight. It did not affect the cigar in any way.

Lets light this bad boy up.

The unfinished foot made lighting this cigar extremely easy. There was lots of smoke and the draw was perfect. The ash was white with bands of grey.

The aroma of the cigar burning reminded me of the sensation one gets while walking into a bakery...it smelled nutty and made you want more...

The initial spice that is common with Pete's sticks was a biting pepper blast but not overwhelming. Hits of leather during the first inch were also there..

After about the 1st inch, the spice smoothed out and gave way to some cocoa / bittersweet notes. During the first third the spice took to the background and the cigar developed some citrus, creamy, earthy notes.

You can see in this picture what happened to the ash near the two holes in the cigar..No popping was heard :)

The burn was great and did not require any touch ups. Lots of smoke was produced.

During the second 3rd I noticed some definite chocolate notes. The spice was mixing well with the other notes and did not overpower at all. I detected what I can only describe as natures sweetness. The cigar was creamy with the coca notes continuing.

The ash held longer than I expected...and the burn continued to be great..

That is until I let it go just one herf too long...

During the last third, the cigar never got hot or bitter. The spice started to come back to the front. Cocoa, nature’s sweetness, and creamy feel continued. The cigar was leaving a nice spicy sweet taste on the lips..

Here is my best attepmt at the brooks cigar pose....

Overall I really enjoyed this cigar. The smoking time was around 1hour 30 minutes. I seem to smoke too fast as I think it could last much longer. This is one of the most enjoyable sticks I have smoked. To bad it cannot go into regular rotation!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Sounds like a good one - maybe I'll smoke one tonight - I did however, like the black that Pete gave me better from the 3 packs. It's flavor profile was more to my liking and it seemed a bit stronger with wht it had to offer.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've had a couple of these from brothers when I first joined here. I burned thru both in a couple months as well. Your review is spot on. Imo the 3 packs dont even touch these in complexity. They are just 1 of those cigars that are so complex and a joy to smoke.
I would like to add that those def look like beatle holes and maybe a 1 day fridge 3 day freezer and 1 day fridge for the rest of the bundle should be in order w a 30 day downtime in the humi after that just to be safe.
Once again just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the review.