What's new

CG Tat Black Review

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review, Eric! Have you smoked one of the Black robustos yet? I'm interesting in seeing how you compare those.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've had a couple of these from brothers when I first joined here. I burned thru both in a couple months as well. Your review is spot on. Imo the 3 packs dont even touch these in complexity. They are just 1 of those cigars that are so complex and a joy to smoke.
I would like to add that those def look like beatle holes and maybe a 1 day fridge 3 day freezer and 1 day fridge for the rest of the bundle should be in order w a 30 day downtime in the humi after that just to be safe.
Once again just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the review.
I concur. If it were me, I'd do it just to be safe ... it would be such a shame for the score of the year to get ruined!

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review, Eric! Have you smoked one of the Black robustos yet? I'm interesting in seeing how you compare those.
Yes I have. To me it was a much stronger cogar. It did not have the sweetness that I found in the CG....

I will have to smoke another soon so I can compare them properly...

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I would like to add that those def look like beatle holes and maybe a 1 day fridge 3 day freezer and 1 day fridge for the rest of the bundle should be in order w a 30 day downtime in the humi after that just to be safe.
Any chance of completely screwing up the cigars doing this? Should I wrap them in plastic wrap so they do not absorb the smell of the foods in the fridge? This is like the first time I cut a wire in the wiring harness of my Harley. If I screw it up.......UGHHHHHH

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice review - thanks for the pic's - have you tried a regios reserva? Interested in how the Frank compares to the RR?

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Any chance of completely screwing up the cigars doing this? Should I wrap them in plastic wrap so they do not absorb the smell of the foods in the fridge? This is like the first time I cut a wire in the wiring harness of my Harley. If I screw it up.......UGHHHHHH
Eric if you want to freeze them then put them in a ziplock bag and toss into the freezer for a day. Some people recommend that after you remove from the freezer to let the temp slowly come up by storing for a bit in the fridge. After it is all said and done keep them in a seperate storage area until you are sure that you do not have a bug issue.

Now with that being said I am not completely sure you do have a bug issue. If you did I would think that they would have eaten through more cigars or at least caused more damage to that single. I think you may have just had one with a bad wrapper. It is hard to tell from the pictures. If you want to play it safe toss them in the freezer for a bit to be certain

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
doesn't look like a bug hole to me. It'd be all the way through the wrapper and binder. that looks like its just a hole in the wrapper. Did you hear a slight whistle or have to hold our finger over the hole because the draw was affected?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yes I have. To me it was a much stronger cogar. It did not have the sweetness that I found in the CG....

I will have to smoke another soon so I can compare them properly...
Interesting. I wonder how much age is a factor here as well ... the cgs are obviously older than the robustos, and I'm also not sure how long the 3-packs or robustos age before Pete hands them out. Obviously size is a factor as well.

The only one I've had was a robusto, though it was a number of months old. I thought it was awesome.

I know a couple guys here have smoked pre-release versions of the upcoming torpedos ... anyone want to comment how THOSE compare?

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
doesn't look like a bug hole to me. It'd be all the way through the wrapper and binder. that looks like its just a hole in the wrapper. Did you hear a slight whistle or have to hold our finger over the hole because the draw was affected?
I did not have to put a finger over it but there was smoke billowing out of the hold. There was also a soft spot under each hole...I am guessing that it may have been a single beetle or something that was killed off and did not have a chance to take hold..

I vacuum seald them and put them in the fridge today, freezer tomorrow, then back to fridge just to be safe. I just hope it does not screw up the profile of the cigar. From what I read it will not....

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I know I don't have many years here but my guess us it was a beatle or 2. I wouldn't worry about adults but eggs. Also alot of the older guys are going to tell you a day in the freezer isn't enough( let alone a standard freezer.) I will tell you I had a beetle encounter with a few sticks this summer. I had no adults found so I froze them for 3 days with a fridge day in front and back. After 2 weeks in the humi there was absolutely no diff in burn or taste. Knowing that most manuf freeze all sticks before shipping should make you not worry.

Last edited: