What's new

Change! Long Island, NY Herf at Havana Dreams , Saturday, March 3, 2007

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Havana Dreams is a nice place, a bit small, but a nice place to go. I've been there a few times and enjoyed myself.

As far as M and D is concerned, they can kiss off.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That's really too bad they run their business like douche bags, the lounge was nice.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron - coming from me it will sound mor elike sour grapes. If you tell 'em it adds a bit more credibility to it since you were an "outsider" and someone who I brought to try and help solve their humidor problem.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
M and D has a pretty nice looking cigar bar with a big locker system. they get a lot of $ for the locker rentals. Customers were complaining that their cigars were ruined. Bens bosses asked him to try to get it fixed. Ben called me, so i went over there to see what I could do. Basically, the humidification system was not working. I bought a hygrometer over to test the individual lockers. It was a joke. I was getting readings of about 40%. This was a combo of a suckass humidification system, and what looked like problems with the construction. So I gave Ben some ideas, and left a hygrometer, and a large Paradigm unit. The Paradigm was left to see if we could get an individual lockers humidity up a little bit. Ben asked how much $ that they owed me. I didnt charge for the visit, I just wanted to get paid for the 2 items that I left. Next, Ben is fired, and they tell him that they never asked for the stuff that I left. Ben asked them to mail the 2 items back, and they have ignored us. Not a lot of $, so its really not something I am losing sleep over. But for anybody who wants to have a smoke there, the owners are scum. If you buy a cigar there, you are nuts. Every display case that theyhad filled with cigars was not properly humidified. I am not talking about being a little picky with the humidity level, I am talking about having a display case at 45% humidity. These guys should not own a cigar bar.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wow. Thats sad. There are few enough places in the country to smoke cigars any more for someone to screw one up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scot, et al

I stopped down to Stogie and Tales last night for a smoke and glass of vino, the place was jumping. I spoke withthe woner, Robert, about having a HERF there sometime in the future. He said he has no problem at all accomodating us as long as each participant purchases at least $10 in cigars. I told him, based upon past experience, that this would not be a problem. He also does not have any problems with any giveaways or raffles that we may be doing - sounds like guy looking to build his business and make sme money :agreeclen

Last night there were 28 people (seated) in the place and there was room for another 5-7 (standing). For those who don't know, it has a full bar and serve capuccino, expresso, beer, etc. They also have a great selection of cigars - at the correct humidity levels too ! :laugh: This place should be able to hold 30 people comfortably for any future HERFS that we may be thinking of doing.

Anyway, just my two cents on this place. Take care and I look forward to seeing all of you next week.

Tazman

Tazman in NJ
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tazman may not be going due an unexpected, out of town business meeting. If I can everything done and get a Friday night flight...I will be there. I will know for sure on Thursday.

Tazman

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
M and D has a pretty nice looking cigar bar with a big locker system. they get a lot of $ for the locker rentals. Customers were complaining that their cigars were ruined. Bens bosses asked him to try to get it fixed. Ben called me, so i went over there to see what I could do. Basically, the humidification system was not working. I bought a hygrometer over to test the individual lockers. It was a joke. I was getting readings of about 40%. This was a combo of a suckass humidification system, and what looked like problems with the construction. So I gave Ben some ideas, and left a hygrometer, and a large Paradigm unit. The Paradigm was left to see if we could get an individual lockers humidity up a little bit. Ben asked how much $ that they owed me. I didnt charge for the visit, I just wanted to get paid for the 2 items that I left. Next, Ben is fired, and they tell him that they never asked for the stuff that I left. Ben asked them to mail the 2 items back, and they have ignored us. Not a lot of $, so its really not something I am losing sleep over. But for anybody who wants to have a smoke there, the owners are scum. If you buy a cigar there, you are nuts. Every display case that theyhad filled with cigars was not properly humidified. I am not talking about being a little picky with the humidity level, I am talking about having a display case at 45% humidity. These guys should not own a cigar bar.
So are you going to the havana dreams herf? care to convoy?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Damn, that is sad

dmbishop

dmbishop
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad about Churchill's. I've had more than my share of problems there too (bad cigars, poor service, being closed for a private party when I called that afternoon to make sure that they were open for a party of 6).

I'll second the good thoughts about Stogie's and Tales. One of my favorite places. Great, friendly owner. I get over there about once a month.

I'm going to try to get to Havana Dreams (80% right now). If I do go, I'll be bringing 2 friends. I also sent the info on to a friend who has a very extensive cigar e-mail list. Should bring in a few more.

Dave

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Too bad about Churchill's. I've had more than my share of problems there too (bad cigars, poor service, being closed for a private party when I called that afternoon to make sure that they were open for a party of 6).

I'll second the good thoughts about Stogie's and Tales. One of my favorite places. Great, friendly owner. I get over there about once a month.

I'm going to try to get to Havana Dreams (80% right now). If I do go, I'll be bringing 2 friends. I also sent the info on to a friend who has a very extensive cigar e-mail list. Should bring in a few more.

Dave
Welcome to BOTL!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0

Dave
Welcome to the board!