What's new

Cherry Or Black Walnut

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Those boards mirrored up nicely.
I was pretty excited as the two boards I bought for the lower door panes were cut successively from the same log, so they are as close to matched as you're going to get for lumber. Cool, glad you noticed, I got the panels cut and machined after I took the pics, they came out pretty nice.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was pretty excited as the two boards I bought for the lower door panes were cut successively from the same log, so they are as close to matched as you're going to get for lumber. Cool, glad you noticed, I got the panels cut and machined after I took the pics, they came out pretty nice.
Are you using Gorilla glue? I haven't tried it yet myself. I've always just used carpenters glue.....too cheap to buy the good stuff.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I dont use Gorilla glue on much, and really don't think a humidor calls for it. I use Titebond III waterproof glue, which again, I think is overkill. Humidity in my home can get above 70% in the summer and the rest of my projects don't fall apart, but it never hurts to be sure.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have never used Titebond III, but I usually use weldwood plastic resin glue. I prefer the longer open time and how hard the glue gets. it's a powder yoiu mix with water, but man this stuff is tough.

I hate gorilla glue, especially when I learned that you HAVE TO WEAR GLOVES OR ELSE:cryloud: