What's new

Chevy Colorado or Nissan Frontier?

Which Truck Should I Purchase?

• Total voters

tkieck

Soldier of Fortune
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to start a debate but Ford hasn't built a good diesel engine since the 7.3. Witch they didn't even build. Nor did they build there last 2. The new 6.7 allegedly was designed and built by Ford which is a bit scary. The Duramax has been in use for 10 years at this point. Gm builds the most reliable truck power trains at this point and now has a heavy chassis to back it up. Look around for used trucks. You'll find lots of Ford diesels. Everyone is holding on to there D-max's. My truck is an 06 D-max and gets 16-17mpg highway.
haha its funny you said that because its exactly what I was thinking. Ford just never keeps their diesel engines in production long enough, (often due to new regulations), to really squeeze out their maximum performance. Meanwhile Chevy has kept that duramax in production for sometime now and I must say it is a great platform to build off of.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Based on the age of the truck you are looking at (07), I would go with the Nissan. I have put money on the new GMC but back in ;2007 was not a good year. Cheap plastic materials, interior looks like it was made by mattel, the five won't give you any jump.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
After much deliberation, I've decided I would like to go with a Toyota Tacoma if I can find one I can afford. They're slightly more expensive than the Frontier and the Colorado, but I'd say they have them beat in value and quality. Further, according to edmunds.com, the Toyota is a better value, is much safer, and gets slightly better MPG than the other two. I'd like something like this:

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
After much deliberation, I've decided I would like to go with a Toyota Tacoma if I can find one I can afford.
I had a regular cab 2wd Tacoma for years and loved it. When my wife and I were expecting, we traded it and her unreliable Altima in for a Scion. Now we have 2 cars again, so I'll probably trade the Scion in for a 4-door Tacoma in a couple of years.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh fer cryin' out loud, man, MAKE UP YER MIND!!!

I've got a 98 Dakota with a 239 V6 that's been on the road 14 years now. In those 14 years, I replaced a catalytic converter, water pump and oil pump. THAT'S IT.

The 04 Ram CTD just turned 7 years and got a new water pump about 4 months ago.

The 08 Grand Caravan has new brakes (the wife drives too f*cking fast if ya ask me)

Now, with ALL 400K miles of travel in those 3 vehicles, given your choices, I recommended the Nissan to you...and NOW you're looking at a 'Yota??

why I oughtta.....:cursing:

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
After much deliberation, I've decided I would like to go with a Toyota Tacoma if I can find one I can afford. They're slightly more expensive than the Frontier and the Colorado, but I'd say they have them beat in value and quality. Further, according to edmunds.com, the Toyota is a better value, is much safer, and gets slightly better MPG than the other two. I'd like something like this:
I wouldn't. My mom has a Rav 4 same V6. The motor blew at 40k or so AND they didn't cover it. Spun a bearing the oil pressure spiked blew a gasket which in turn drained the oil and then well you know what happened next. I say F Toyota they are wayyyyy over rated. Just my opinion.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I wouldn't. My mom has a Rav 4 same V6. The motor blew at 40k or so AND they didn't cover it. Spun a bearing the oil pressure spiked blew a gasket which in turn drained the oil and then well you know what happened next. I say F Toyota they are wayyyyy over rated. Just my opinion.
Wow! Thanks for letting me know bro!