What's new

Chevy Colorado or Nissan Frontier?

Which Truck Should I Purchase?

• Total voters

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If I had to choose between the 2, I would get a Frontier, however I drive a Tacoma and LOVE it. I would easily keep looking to find a Toyota if you could.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've had 3 Fords a 97 F-150 used, a new 01 Ranger and a new in 04 F-250 Super Duty. I got rid of the Ranger with 19k to up size to the F-250 when I started my company. I tried the F-250 because of the heavier chassis. Then got rid of the F-250 with 40k on it because the trans was slipping. The trans was slipping on the F-150 too that truck had around 90k. I didn't have the Ranger long enough to break it. Long story short the best truck I've ever owned thus far is my 06 Chevy D-Max 2500 with 90K hasn't skipped a beat pulling 10-15K trailers regularly with no problems at all. GM has paid back there loans by the way. I think the Colorado uses a straight 5 which had good torque for pulling. Although Nissans don't get enough credit in my opinion. A friend of mine has an Xterra and as far as I know he's had no problems. The Xterra rides on the truck chassis so I would think it's virtually the same.

Personally I'd get the Chevy. I'm planning on getting a new Chevy 2500 next year they have the updated chassis now which is what I'm after at this point. They are right up there with Ford as far as payloads and what not.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I used to have a frontier, it was a great little truck. If I didn't need something with more room I probably would still have one. Now I have a 09 ford, I LOVE this truck, plenty of room for the kids and their instruments!!!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Ford in my humble opinion is the best of the American made vehicles. There new 2011 lineup is a game changer. The 2011 mustang gets 31 MPG it's a V6 and beats the 2010 GT mustang with over 300 HP. There diesel engines get over 20 MPG As opposed to 8 for the competition , the fusion hybrid can go 41 MPH without using a drop of gas! Guess that's why they didn't need a bailout from the Government and will be debt free and all positive cash flow in a years time. Pretty amazing to me... GM can't touch Ford in my opinion...

I still vote for the Chevy out of the 2 choices you posted though.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I personally woudl try to spend the couple extra bucks for the Tacoma.

That being said I would avoid the Chevy Colorado at all costs.

I read a huge article a few weeks ago where it was rated in the Top-5 worst cars/trucks.

Here is a brief report from COnsumer Reports:

Chevrolet Colorado
Segment: Pickup Truck
CR Predicted Reliability Score: Poor
CR Value Score: Not rated among the worst in overall value
CR Safety Score: Rated among the worst in overall safety performance
CR Overall Score: 41 out of 100
J.D. Power Dependability Score: 2 out of 5 Power Circles

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ford in my humble opinion is the best of the American made vehicles. There new 2011 lineup is a game changer. The 2011 mustang gets 31 MPG it's a V6 and beats the 2010 GT mustang with over 300 HP. There diesel engines get over 20 MPG As opposed to 8 for the competition , the fusion hybrid can go 41 MPH without using a drop of gas! Guess that's why they didn't need a bailout from the Government and will be debt free and all positive cash flow in a years time. Pretty amazing to me... GM can't touch Ford in my opinion...

I still vote for the Chevy out of the 2 choices you posted though.
Not to start a debate but Ford hasn't built a good diesel engine since the 7.3. Witch they didn't even build. Nor did they build there last 2. The new 6.7 allegedly was designed and built by Ford which is a bit scary. The Duramax has been in use for 10 years at this point. Gm builds the most reliable truck power trains at this point and now has a heavy chassis to back it up. Look around for used trucks. You'll find lots of Ford diesels. Everyone is holding on to there D-max's. My truck is an 06 D-max and gets 16-17mpg highway.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Not to start a debate but Ford hasn't built a good diesel engine since the 7.3. Witch they didn't even build. Nor did they build there last 2. The new 6.7 allegedly was designed and built by Ford which is a bit scary. The Duramax has been in use for 10 years at this point. Gm builds the most reliable truck power trains at this point and now has a heavy chassis to back it up. Look around for used trucks. You'll find lots of Ford diesels. Everyone is holding on to there D-max's. My truck is an 06 D-max and gets 16-17mpg highway.
based on that information, do you suggest a Chevy Colorodo or a Nissan Titan? :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
based on that information, do you suggest a Chevy Colorodo or a Nissan Titan? :scratchhe
I was gonna ask the same thing! :rofl:

If you're planning on owning/driving either truck until the wheels fall off, by all means, STICK with the V6 in the Nissan.

In the end, I will most likely choose the vehicle with highest value and that's most practical.
Colorado and Canyon Engine problems

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0