1710 E Woodfield Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Time/Date:

December 2, 2017
7:00pm-11:00pm (close)

Chicago-Blackhawks-logo-1965-to-present.gif VSdownload.png
Blackhawks vs Stars @8:00pm!

Accommodations/Information:

"The Cigar Lounge provides a great place to get some of the best cigars on the market for a good price. We pride ourselves in our cigar knowledge and we can help our customers find the cigar they are looking for. We’ve been in the cigar business a long time and try to only stock cigars that are quality made and that utilize premium tobacco from around the world.

We have comfortable chairs and t.v.’s to sit and relax while you enjoy a cigar from our humidor. If you’re dropping off someone at the mall or need to kill an hour or two we’re a great place to get some work done or watch a game.
"

I have yet to visit this lounge, but I plan on going sometime this week to get a bit more info. They have a free private parking lot there, free wifi, free to use the lounge, and it seems like a pretty casual environment with a great selection. Thanks to wonderful Schaumburg, there is no alcohol served and it is not BYOB. As I am new here, this will be a great way for me to meet and get to know some of the local brothers/sisters, as well as any other newbies or vets that would like to join! Please let me know if you can make it so I can add you to the "Going" list and closer to the date I'll try to reserve some space for us. Thanks and I hope to see you guys there!

Going:

@cyn06
@icehog3
@sweemzander
@tadpole
@ak2000
@joe45
@rdomfoto
@dscl

Maybe:

@Boozer
@VipermanGT2

Interested?:

@WindyCity_Wanderer

EDIT:
I just got back from The Cigar Lounge. First off, Jason and Mike are amazing guys! They gave me a full tour of all the rooms, walked me through the humidor and showed off everything they had (which was (y) hot damn!), and then we talked about the HERF. They have a couple different rooms, all with TVs and plenty of seating, including a more private conference room with a TV and table/chairs. They said they're working with the City of Schaumburg about a BYO license, which hopefully they can obtain after they start the renovations in February-ish. For us, they'd like me to give them a call back next week Tues/Wed with a roundabout head count to reserve our space. They said they will close off a section of a room for us, or if we have enough people an entire room for us. They said to reserve a space like that, it would be $100 no matter the amount of people (5 or 50). Since I took on creating the HERF, I'll front the money for the room reservation. Being the holidays and having lots of little nieces and nephews running around, I will absolutely take contributions for the room reservation, but I don't expect it.

As for pricing for lounging, they don't have strict rules on it. They said casually, if you're here using our lounge, buy a cigar or 2. If you come in and buy a $5 cigar and stay for 6 hours, you're a dick (which I agree!). But pretty much, if you're there, smoke their cigars. If you smoke your own, buy back what you smoke. Sounds fair to me! I was there for quit a bit which scares me because I have a feeling I'll be a frequent visitor. I was never there before they got bought by CDM about 7 weeks ago, but it sounds like they're headed in the right direction and they're striving to be the next big lounge in Chicago that everyone wants to visit. Kudos to them!

If you guys have any other questions about my visit, feel free to ask. Cheers to hopefully a great HERF and a big turnout!

PS: They promised to have some UF4s in stock for us that weekend. I don't know about you, but I'm excited to finally get my hands on a few!

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
At this point it looks good for me, I'll firm things up the week before...but definitely no league games that night.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point it looks good for me, I'll firm things up the week before...but definitely no league games that night.
Woo! I'll add you to going , if that changes just let me know?

Edit: feel free to tag more Chicago peeps. You few are all I've ran across so far

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'll try to make it. FYI this lounge was recently bought by Casa de Montecristo and I know they are going to be renovating. Might be worth checking on that schedule first.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to make it. FYI this lounge was recently bought by Casa de Montecristo and I know they are going to be renovating. Might be worth checking on that schedule first.
I'll be doing that soon. I have an email out to them and I should be going there before Wednesday! Hopefully...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: Just got off the phone with Jason at The Cigar Lounge. They've done and are currently still doing minor renovations, but the lounge is still open to the public. He said he can arrange some space/a room for us if I give him a number of guests we have coming. Right now I estimated 5-15, but I told him I'll call back in about a week with a more accurate number.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
but the lounge is still open to the public
That's great! I know long term it wont be though. Sam from Casa was telling me how, given the money in Schaumburg, they're going to make it nicer than Casa and move it to the same private lounge style place. Membership will work at Casa as well though which is nice.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great! I know long term it wont be though. Sam from Casa was telling me how, given the money in Schaumburg, they're going to make it nicer than Casa and move it to the same private lounge style place. Membership will work at Casa as well though which is nice.
If the lounge is worth it, I wouldn't mind paying a membership fee at all! I'm excited to get over there and see what they have to offer. Now if they could work on a liquor license, that's well worth a membership fee or a private lounge for sure (y)

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
If the lounge is worth it, I wouldn't mind paying a membership fee at all! I'm excited to get over there and see what they have to offer. Now if they could work on a liquor license, that's well worth a membership fee or a private lounge for sure (y)
I'm assuming it will be just like Casa. $250 month (which any instore purchases get applied towards) gets you (and guests) lounge access and they will have water/soda/coffee and ice/glassware. Booze is BYO and the lounge itself will be amazing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming it will be just like Casa. $250 month (which any instore purchases get applied towards) gets you (and guests) lounge access and they will have water/soda/coffee and ice/glassware. Booze is BYO and the lounge itself will be amazing.
That sounds pretty fair to me! From some light reading, it looks like Schaumburg has a ban on BYO, which means their only hope on alcohol is a liquor license. I could be and I hope I'm wrong, but every post I've read about this location and Schaumburg has said the same thing.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
That sounds pretty fair to me! From some light reading, it looks like Schaumburg has a ban on BYO, which means their only hope on alcohol is a liquor license. I could be and I hope I'm wrong, but every post I've read about this location and Schaumburg has said the same thing.
That's what flasks and discrete sipping is for. I know we've herfed there and hung out there in the past and no one has ever said anything to us about the booze we've brought as long as we aren't acting like idiots and waving it around.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what flasks and discrete sipping is for. I know we've herfed there and hung out there in the past and no one has ever said anything to us about the booze we've brought as long as we aren't acting like idiots and waving it around.
I like your attitude! As long as the Hawks play their game, I should be in a cheerful mood for this. It just depends which Hawks team decides to show up..