What's new

Chicago Pipe Show - 2015

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Some companies will give u tobacco samples but its usually just a pinch or two... Aka enough for a bowl or half bowl. There's just tons of pipe makers with product. I'm not sure if the deals are that great but I'm sure they're OK vs ordering online. IMO its fun for a few hrs to cruise the show floor. But by the time you get to the last row all of the pipes are starting to look the same.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Kind of like the National Sports Collectors Convention every year at the Rosemont. Huge floor with lots of vendors large and small. Whats nice is that the smaller pipe makers i.e. Boswells, tobacco companies i.e. Cornell and Diehl etc, accessories are there in addition to the heavy hitters. Largest pipe show of the year. Friday sounds like fun where they set up the swap tent and people can wheel and deal with each other for pipes/baccy whatever. They have a cigar show which isn't put on by the people who put on the pipe show but they always use the tent setup, a day before the pipe events as its set up for the pipe show already. I'm trying to work in a few things downtown in addition to the show but the show being in St Charles sucks. IF it was downtown or even somewhere near Ohare, it would be much easier. G1

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What sucks is that the show is in St Charles. I want to get a chance to meet up with old friends in Chitown so Im debating where I'm going to book a room. Of course booking at Pheasant Run would be the easiest as far as getting to and from the show/tent etc. But I want to be able to get downtown at least a day to meet up with friends. I was also thinking maybe around Ohare but again, not really close to St Charles. Easy enough to get to the loop though. May do a couple of nights at Pheasant Run then go closer to the loop post show. G1

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Are you going to drive in or fly? If you fly in and have a rental, I'd suggest staying somewhere near downtown St Charles or Geneva, so that you're in close proximity to the train station in Geneva. Then it's an easy trip into the city to hang with your friends.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm in DC so definately flying in. I'm looking into places near the Metra station, I will also have a rental so I may just opt to stay at the resort G1

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
What's around St. Charles for the wife and kid? Should we stay at pheasant run? Not many good reviews
Do they like shopping? If so, there's a great outdoor mall, excuse me - lifestyle center - called Geneva Commons. A lot of amazing dining choices, too. Geneva is part of the tri-cities burbs of Batavia (where Romulus Cogswell lives), Geneva, and St Charles. St Charles has one of the prettiest downtown areas with plenty of boutiques, pubs, restaurants, and parks. There will be plenty for them to do.

As for staying at Pheasant Run, it's nice enough but, as people have said earlier in this thread, it's dated. Plus it's on the other side of Geneva. So, while it would be super convenient for you, your wife and kid would be inconvenienced. There are plenty of decent hotels in the area including the common business places like Candlewood, Best Western, etc. Will/would you have a car?

Plus, I only live about 20 minutes away - which may or may not be a draw for your wife...

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Do they like shopping? If so, there's a great outdoor mall, excuse me - lifestyle center - called Geneva Commons. A lot of amazing dining choices, too. Geneva is part of the tri-cities burbs of Batavia (where Romulus Cogswell lives), Geneva, and St Charles. St Charles has one of the prettiest downtown areas with plenty of boutiques, pubs, restaurants, and parks. There will be plenty for them to do.

As for staying at Pheasant Run, it's nice enough but, as people have said earlier in this thread, it's dated. Plus it's on the other side of Geneva. So, while it would be super convenient for you, your wife and kid would be inconvenienced. There are plenty of decent hotels in the area including the common business places like Candlewood, Best Western, etc. Will/would you have a car?

Plus, I only live about 20 minutes away - which may or may not be a draw for your wife...
I will have a car as I'm driving up. I only live 3 hours south. My daughter is only 3 so sounds like my wife might be a bit more challenged. May have to leave them at home. If they don't come up with me I will probably stay close but not at pheasant run. I, like Dave, would like to know where everyone's staying.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I'd like to stay close to the show or at the same locale as others to car pool herf etc, and I'm more interested in convenience/people than the best accommodations

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I was reading the thread at another pipe forum and the organizer for the pipe club has stated that staying at pheasant run is essential to keeping the pipe show going. Apparently the pipe vendor open swap on Friday is great so I'm now thinking of arriving for the opening on Friday and leaving Saturday to drive back home.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I was reading the thread at another pipe forum and the organizer for the pipe club has stated that staying at pheasant run is essential to keeping the pipe show going. Apparently the pipe vendor open swap on Friday is great so I'm now thinking of arriving for the opening on Friday and leaving Saturday to drive back home.
AS others have noted, it's biggest "issue" is that it's dated. But, as far as I know, the beds are clean and, other than sleeping, how much time are you going to spend in it anyway?