What's new

Chili Recipes

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally, my gf and I make chili out of a packet. Forgive me, I know. It's easy and quite fast. Laugh all you want, this stuff is pretty good.

A friend of mine gave me the recipe for his "Daddy's world famous chilli ", and told me to give it a shot.

I cooked ground pork and beef. I chopped onoins and peppers. Diced jalepenos and toasted chilli powder. I added spices, and chopped a shitload of garlic.

There were fresh tomatos, canned tomatos, and tomato paste. When it was too thin, I thickened it with corn flour and a bit of butter.

I added cumin, chilli powder, red pepper flakes and ground corriander (cilantro), salt and cracked black pepper. There was fresh cilatntro.

I slaved over a hot stove for a couple of hours. And guess what?

It tasted just like the fucking chili that we normally make from the packet in 35 minutes....

If anyone can share a recipe that makes GOOD chili, let me know.
;)

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Since this is a cigar board, here is a recipe geoffrie sent to me.

Havana Moon chili

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground chuck
one 14 1/2-ounce can beef broth
one 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup raisins
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
2 cups cooked black beans
2 cups cooked white rice

Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the pork and beef, and cook until browned. Drain off the excess fat. Add the beef broth and tomatoes, squashing each tomato by hand before adding it. Stir in the vinegar, raisins, spices, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and cook 30 minutes, partially covered. Uncover and cook for 30 minutes more. Add the olives and almonds and cook an additional 5 minutes.

To serve, place a mound of beans and a mound of rice in each bowl. Ladle the chili on top.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
A few adaptations to Moglman's 'Green Chile Stew' recipe:

Masa Flour (in place of the suggested flour addition)---4 tbsp
Garlic---4 cloves pressed

This was a great, great recipe. It realy is a 'stew'.

Ingredients to try later:

Lime
Celery
Cilantro
Bourbon
Beer

Not necessarily all of the above, but I think this wonderful recipe might be missing something.
I've added cilantro with good results, and garlic goes great in anything. I might use a lager to thin instead of water. Good suggestions.

That Havana Moon sounds great. Reminds me of the Chuck Berry/Santana song of the same name.