What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 for 2011

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
There were a couple Tatuajes that I didn't like this year, and most of the Pepin stuff he does for himself isn't very good either. With that though, the majority of Viaje is shit.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
There were a couple Tatuajes that I didn't like this year, and most of the Pepin stuff he does for himself isn't very good either. With that though, the majority of Viaje is shit.
Wow, this thread has gotten way out of hand. I think it should be noted that nobody has to smoke anything CA puts in their top 10. With that truth, I actually hope they don't rate my favorites very good. Because then all the guys that do care won't be out chasing what I like.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Agreed.. Not a fan of Andres regular stuff or his nub releases. That said the only My father that was tolerable was the cg for puff n stuff. His LE and Jamie's LE were garbage as well. Now I'm not a fan of Pete's stuff outside of the noella and cazadore but the 09 verite for some reason hit the spot for me.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Agreed.. Not a fan of Andres regular stuff or his nub releases. That said the only My father that was tolerable was the cg for puff n stuff. His LE and Jamie's LE were garbage as well. Now I'm not a fan of Pete's stuff outside of the noella and cazadore but the 09 verite for some reason hit the spot for me.
Wasn't a fan of the Brex or Pork Tenderloin, Fed Rosado was good as was the Tattoo. JGLE grew on me, and the conny version is pretty damn good! I seem to have a little different taste for Viaje as I liked the WLP, Tower and candela, whereas a lot of people didn't like the Tower or the Candela. I might like the candela as I love Dions candela line, but then again I love everything Dion has put out almost. To me Dion makes the best cigar out there across the board for my tastes. I hope he gets a stick in the top 5 this year.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wasn't a fan of the Brex or Pork Tenderloin, Fed Rosado was good as was the Tattoo. JGLE grew on me, and the conny version is pretty damn good! I seem to have a little different taste for Viaje as I liked the WLP, Tower and candela, whereas a lot of people didn't like the Tower or the Candela. I might like the candela as I love Dions candela line, but then again I love everything Dion has put out almost. To me Dion makes the best cigar out there across the board for my tastes. I hope he gets a stick in the top 5 this year.
The Epernay has a great shot.

JVB

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I completely agree with you on both the Verite and the CG. Wholeheartedly. Although I think the words "tolerable" and "garbage" are a bit strong to be throwing around.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

Seriously though, how can anyone actually be pissed about this list? It is pretty much exactly what should have been expected. That the Cabaiguan was in the top 10 is awesome, and a surprise (it certainly deserves it). While I don't agree with much of the list so far, I'm not shocked by any of it, and I think if nothing else, that it makes guys think about what they like and dislike about certain cigars, and comparing their taste and opinion with that of others is awesome.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I completely agree with you on both the Verite and the CG. Wholeheartedly. Although I think the words "tolerable" and "garbage" are a bit strong to be throwing around.
I let my emotions get to me... The cg is a great smoke and have smoked a box and a half of them. Actually smoking one now.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Personally hope dion gets a good spot as he's a solid dude and his smokes are killer. The maduro mj12 is fantastic but if any make it I see it being one of the epernay which rated real well.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Personally hope dion gets a good spot as he's a solid dude and his smokes are killer. The maduro mj12 is fantastic but if any make it I see it being one of the epernay which rated real well.
Dion makes some great smokes. He deserves a top spot.
Ditto. I'd love to see the Epernay make the list again (3rd time?), and the new maduros as well.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I think it's actually funnier reading this thread than the list itself....
LOL same here!
Man did I miss a lot yesterday on this thread. Considering maybe 80% of the cigar smokers out there are only privy to most boutique blends, a lot on these list don't surprise me. Especially when they spend more on there advertising than tabacco quality. If it weren't for BOTL I would still be on that band wagon myself. I like to think of our small group of misfits as a "Micro" group of suphistication and taste. BOTL has been an outstanding resource and tool in helping it's members see what else is out there. No bloggers or big companies to sway our opinions...just everyday joe's helping out there fellow brothers, find a better cigar and honest opinions.
All you need to do is see the post over the last few years that ask "What's your top 5 smokes" and you'll see what I mean.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Illusione MK Ultra should make the list. I wonderful cigar of which I can't find anywhere.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I like to think of our small group of misfits as a "Micro" group of suphistication and taste.
this exactly! not that we are better, but this community, especially with it's communication and dedication to the craft, has a differing and insular viewpoint from others. of course we are going to balk at the selections, WE didn't select them!

still a good excuse to bitch! o)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just noticed this in thier write-up on the PAM:

"The Exclusivo size is a bit thinner than the typical corona gorda"

... what? The Exclusivo is a 50 ring guage, that's the exact size of a ROBUSTO which is thicker than a corona gorda.

A cg is usually 46-ring ... 50 is not "a bit thinner" than 46, is it? They are not talking about the press either, because they go on to mention that next. It almost sounds like the write-up was about the Monarca not the Exclusivo.

Am I missing something here?