What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 for 2011

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Either they're getting better PSP2s than I am, or this proves that tubos < cigars out of boxes. I had a couple fresh PSP2 tubos recently and they were good but not great.

Then again, I am just not a big fan of this brand. I do think there were many, many more impressive Habanos this year than the PSP2, however. My 2c.
I preferred the P1 over the PSP 2 myself....

~brooks

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Agreed, 3 very good cigars there! I'm REALLY happy the Epernay got a great spot, well-deserved!

Anyone actually try that size of the Epernay yet?

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Has an Anejo ever made the top 5 slot? I guess CA does not rate them very often. One of the best lines of cigars out there period IMHO, especially with age.

As for what has a legit chance of being #1, though, I have no clue. What haven't they covered? Little chance of them having 3 Cubans in the top 10, right, so it'll be NC?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Agreed, 3 very good cigars there! I'm REALLY happy the Epernay got a great spot, well-deserved!

Anyone actually try that size of the Epernay yet?
I smoked it the other night actually. It wasn't bad. It certainly didn't deserve its position on the list, in my opinion.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Has an Anejo ever made the top 5 slot? I guess CA does not rate them very often. One of the best lines of cigars out there period IMHO, especially with age.

As for what has a legit chance of being #1, though, I have no clue. What haven't they covered? Little chance of them having 3 Cubans in the top 10, right, so it'll be NC?
Probably the Padron 44th Natural. Could always be an Opus, of course.

I'm actually more impressed with this list than I thought I would be thus far. The Warlock, RP 15th, and Punch DC I haven't had, so cannot comment on those. But the rest are good cigars.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
So I was way off on my CC call... That said the PSP2 is a great cigar. Not a huge fan of the vitola but the flavor is excellent.

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0

I agree Anejo's are wonderful with age however they do not rate cigars with that kind of age on them. Also past years Anejo's have not been wonderful nor consistent. I have smoked a ton of Anejo's since they came out and since CA rates for consistent quality with each non blind smoke I can see how these fall short. In my many smoking years I have seen this. Smoked an '04 Anejo #55 last night that was wonderful.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I agree Anejo's are wonderful with age however they do not rate cigars with that kind of age on them. Also past years Anejo's have not been wonderful nor consistent. I have smoked a ton of Anejo's since they came out and since CA rates for consistent quality with each non blind smoke I can see how these fall short. In my many smoking years I have seen this. Smoked an '04 Anejo #55 last night that was wonderful.
Show off!!!:smokingbo

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am really happy to see the Epernay Le Taureau on the list, I was really impressed with that size. Normally I don't care for a cigar quite that big, but the box press really made it a very manageable smoke. I only got to smoke one of them so far and I cant wait to smoke more.