What's new

Cigar Aficionado Top 25 for 2011

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Yup, bitching will be at a minimum with those 3, maybe a handful of wtf's to the Mi Amor being #2... because it tastes like Green Pepper :eyepoke:. They should have put a General or Altadis cigar in there to keep this trainwreck going :argue:
I pre-MU'd both of the Mi Amor's I've tried.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
One thing that I think demonstrates the inconsistency in how this list is done....

In the Havana issue (Dec 2011), there were 14 cigars that got a higher rating than the RP 15th.

Now CA says on their page "...we culled a list of top-scoring cigars, selecting more than 60 to taste again. All had achieved outstanding scores (90 points or more in our 100-point scale)"

In that Havana issue, there were 54 cigars that received a rating of 90 or more. I'd like to know who chooses the "more than 60" for the final list, and how they decide which ones make it and which ones don't.

Not sure how many 90+ (or even 92...which the RP15th got) there were all year, but I bet it was a big number out of the more than 700 they rated.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
One thing that I think demonstrates the inconsistency in how this list is done....

In the Havana issue (Dec 2011), there were 14 cigars that got a higher rating than the RP 15th.

Now CA says on their page "...we culled a list of top-scoring cigars, selecting more than 60 to taste again. All had achieved outstanding scores (90 points or more in our 100-point scale)"

In that Havana issue, there were 54 cigars that received a rating of 90 or more. I'd like to know who chooses the "more than 60" for the final list, and how they decide which ones make it and which ones don't.

Not sure how many 90+ (or even 92...which the RP15th got) there were all year, but I bet it was a big number out of the more than 700 they rated.
Interesting and valid points.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always hope and dream, but remain a bridesmaid. Wait... scratch that... make that a very f'ugly step sister!

Now I gotta go buy and smoke a "Warlock" because it is the only one on the list I haven't tried.

BR,

Steve
"Demanding Justice for the Dirty Rat!"
And yes, I know it was released in Y2010, not 2011, but I can be as unreasonable as the next guy... <snicker>

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I always hope and dream, but remain a bridesmaid. Wait... scratch that... make that a very f'ugly step sister!

Now I gotta go buy and smoke a "Warlock" because it is the only one on the list I haven't tried.

BR,

Steve
And yes, I know it was released in Y2010, not 2011, but I can be as unreasonable as the next guy... <snicker>
:thumbsup: Got my vote!

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I put the Illusione Epernay Le Taureau as my number 2 cigar of the year on my list and happy to see that i was not crazy! To be honest though, for me it could have been any of the three new box pressed sizes (Le Taureau, L'Alpiniste, La Vie). All of them are fantastic in my opinion. The Le Taureau is going to sell a ton because of the magazine and will probably be hard to find, but I'd not pass up on the other two.

Dan

Just my 2 cents.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
I put the Illusione Epernay Le Taureau as my number 2 cigar of the year on my list and happy to see that i was not crazy! To be honest though, for me it could have been any of the three new box pressed sizes (Le Taureau, L'Alpiniste, La Vie). All of them are fantastic in my opinion. The Le Taureau is going to sell a ton because of the magazine and will probably be hard to find, but I'd not pass up on the other two.

Dan

Just my 2 cents.
you're using a magazine that picked warlock in the top 10 to prove you're not crazy?????:grin:

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you're using a magazine that picked warlock in the top 10 to prove you're not crazy?????:grin:
hah I was waiting for that ;) I've never smoked a warlock. I've got a few of them stashed away somewhere in my "no way and hell am I ever going to smoke anything out of here" cooler though.

Dan

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

BR,

Steve
Personally and selfishly, I hope that Liga never makes this list.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
The 2 Dirty Rat's I've smoked so far are without a doubt the best cigars I've ever had in my short smoking experience. I'd smoke them everyday (multiple times a day) if they weren't $15 each at my B&M. Not saying the price is out of line at all, just a little too much to be my daily smoke. GREAT CIGAR!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
If I'm not mistaken the epernay in #3 spot was only sold at Dions store until recently and will only be given out to select retailers in the US.

As far the ratings, they also include the reviews done on Cigar Insider which are different from the CA magazine I believe.