What's new

Cigar aging

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting for someone to bring that up.. It's a good point, and I'm sure it factors in to a point. But I'm also sure they are not that effecient. Anyone who's worked in a warehouse has seen certain racks sitting with shit on them that's years old, and no one knows what do do with. That's in America, I'm sure it's worse elsewhere.
The point is, they have more tobacco to work with than is actually gonna get rolled and sold every year, so some is gonna end up aged by default.
Til somebody clever comes along, turns a bug into a feature, and creates a valuable commodity out of old leftovers taking up space.
Where I work we are overly OCD. Customers get a discount for age old sitting product. And it’s usually no more than six months old. About to go through another audit soon as well. I’m sure there are some intentional aging for some products and brands and blends as it shows in taste quality aroma etc etc,
I’m by no means expecting a rocky Patel vintage 1992 to actually have any tobacco harvested and begun aged since.... 1992. As much as I enjoy them in well aware there’s no tobacco in them from that time period. If it were I would expect to pay a LOT more for it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I work we are overly OCD. Customers get a discount for age old sitting product. And it’s usually no more than six months old.
I was always curious about stock turnover at B&Ms. Does premium product get discounts as well? Or does that move pretty fast?

Reason why I ask is I'm always amazed by the stock my B&Ms carry (even on premium cigars) and always figured they may have stuff lying around for longer than a few months but never quite sure. Any way to know from scan codes you guys keep of production date of your boxes or is it just for arrival dates to your shop? I tend to rest my buys for a few weeks to acclimate to the RH I like it at but am always wondering how long it was sitting around since it got rolled and shipped.