What's new

Cigar Auctions

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I buy about half my stuff from Auctions.. Pretty much the only thing I don't get is some "nicer" stuff by the 5er or samplers from SBC, Monster, Smoke Inn, etc.. As far as going about it with a plan? I basically google anything that looks good, and find out HOW good of a deal it is. Then I consider bidding on it, or trying to buy direct somewhere.. But, be warned.. you can seriously lose your ass on the auctions if you're not familiar with the prices of what you're looking at, and if you can't just walk away when the time comes! Good luck Brother!

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I used to use CBid when I first started really getting into smoking and buying cigars...But in the long run it started to become a waste of time. Yes, you can snag some deals on there...But all the time spent looking and going thru auctions also has a price.

With Small Batches free shipping and constant discount promos and Famous w/ the code and free shipping when you add the Monster deals. Just logging in, buying and going about my day, is worth a couple extra bucks IMO.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I used to use CBid when I first started really getting into smoking and buying cigars...But in the long run it started to become a waste of time. Yes, you can snag some deals on there...But all the time spent looking and going thru auctions also has a price.

With Small Batches free shipping and constant discount promos and Famous w/ the code and free shipping when you add the Monster deals. Just logging in, buying and going about my day, is worth a couple extra bucks IMO.
I agree, I've found the auction sites just don't run auctions for what I want to buy. So I go with small batch or cigar page when what I'm looking for hits a sale.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Auctions. Search for what you want. If you see it - put in your bid...and your max bid. Walk away. Some you win - some you don't. When you can get what you want for 50% or less of other retailers...it's a no brainer IMO. Don't get into a bidding war - don't drink and bid - Don't order based on price. Stick with those three rules - you're in good shape. oh - good to check other prices too... I don't buy that you can get with discounts close to some of the deals on auctions - it's more than a few dollars. On the fivers... go over to Thompson and check the fever sticks first... i know some people hate Thompson...but really -- some of the cigars there, regardless of same always syndrome, are terrific deals. most cases - order 4 rounds of your favs and you have a box of 20 for half the price or steeper discount. be careful though - some of the deals aren't really deals... you usually have to buy 4 five packs for 20 bucks each.. .so - it winds up at $79 for a mixed box of some nice sticks if you pay attention.

There is no one solution - but I think auctions are OK if you manage them well. but, so are B/M and other online shops. No different than finding the best deal you possibly can with any other product...right?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I always try to keep my orders where I am paying less than $4 a stick overall depending on what brands. I figure if it is around that with shipping then I am doing ok. Auctioneer is great and cigarpage are great. CP had free shipping. Thompson's auction have gotten me some great deals. Recently picked up 10pks of Caldwell blind mans bluff and Bacarrats for $20 each. Among many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
To the folks who mentioned Thompson, around 3 - 4 years ago, there was very little traffic on that site, and auctions where easy pickings. Over a period of a month or so, I picked up 50 PAM64s for around $6 each. Other wins there where 4 boxes of UC Gran Toros for around $80, 20 Four Kicks for $2 each, 20 Headley Grange for $1.70 each, a box of Flor de las Antillas for $54, a box of Hemingways for under $100, and a five pack of Tats for $12, to name a few. Wouldn't it be wonderful if those kind of deals where still available?