What's new

Cigar Bands

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So I got this idea from my uncle:

I'm gonna taKe all the cigar bands from the sticks I smoke and make a collage. It should look pretty good hanging in my office. Also, unless I plan on having this project last 18 months...I'd better get smoking!

I'll post pics when I'm done

What do you guys do with bands? Has anyone tried this?

Does anyone even save cigar bands...or is this the ultimate of newbie tells?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
There have been some awesome collages made......some pics were posted....try a search.
I have been thinking about it but can't get motivated. I can send you some bands I have been keeping if it would help?
Thanks Bro....I appreciate the offer

You know what though...call it corny or what you will, but I think it might mean more if I was the one who smoked the cigars from the bands...but thanks anyway man.

I'll tell you what, If I start getting discouraged with smoking all the cigars,,,I'll look you up:grin: :grin:

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
yeah wow boys...those are all gorgeous

Chuck...love the saying around it...I was thinking about incorporating some sort of saying

Greg...Love the design, I may try to incorporate a pattern as well

how long did those take you guys...how many bands did you use?

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I got the pic of that collage off the internet.

I have saved more than half of the bands from all of the cigars that I have smoked, probably closer to 75%.

I too would like to create something along the lines of a collage.....one of these days....

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I save all my bands for some inane reason. My son used NC bands from 2003 to make that.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I guess this is something alot of people do. I have this one from over a year ago. I now have about twice this many bands and I'm trying to figure something else out to do with em. It's got to be better than my first art attempt or my wife will refuse to let me hang the next one as well. :sarcastic

Attachments

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I guess this is something alot of people do. I have this one from over a year ago. I now have about twice this many bands and I'm trying to figure something else out to do with em. It's got to be better than my first art attempt or my wife will refuse to let me hang the next one as well. :sarcastic
You could always donate a few to "The Squid Lighter Project" if they're taking up space... Remember, it's for the children! <G>