What's new

Cigar Dojo's top ten cigars of 2016 (and I haven't tried any of them yet)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hipster smokes for street cred? Check!

I'm not going to say that no hipsters smoke cigars, but I will say I've never seen a hipster smoking a cigar—and I live near the hipster capitol of America.

Also, the words "hipster" and "street cred" should never go in a sentence together unless that sentence is: "if you want street cred do the exact opposite of what hipsters do."

I do, however, agree with you about Davidoffs.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine tells me that hipsters tend to smoke "rollies." Cigarettes they roll themselves.

He's Australian though, so they might have a different species of hipster down there.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm not going to say that no hipsters smoke cigars, but I will say I've never seen a hipster smoking a cigar—and I live near the hipster capitol of America.

Also, the words "hipster" and "street cred" should never go in a sentence together unless that sentence is: "if you want street cred do the exact opposite of what hipsters do."

I do, however, agree with you about Davidoffs.
You should come hang out at my local B&M. Plenty of hipsters. I'm happy to see them, the more people in the hobby the better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should come hang out at my local B&M. Plenty of hipsters. I'm happy to see them, the more people in the hobby the better.
That's weirdly fascinating, if true.

However, keep in mind that among the hipster's hobbies are:

1. Listening to music you've never heard of and couldn't possibly understand.
2. Reading books you've never heard of and couldn't possibly understand.
3. Making fun of other hipsters for not being hipstery enough.

It might be interesting to bring some popcorn and a bunch of Seattle and Portland area hipsters to your B&M so that they could criticize the cigar smoking hipsters for not being real hipsters. The hipster crowd in Seattle were among the biggest supporters of the laws that have almost totally illegalized smoking bars in the state of Washington.

And, I would side with the cigar smoking hipsters, by the way: hipster or not, I'd rather see more people smoking cigars than fewer.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
That's weirdly fascinating, if true.

However, keep in mind that among the hipster's hobbies are:

1. Listening to music you've never heard of and couldn't possibly understand.
2. Reading books you've never heard of and couldn't possibly understand.
3. Making fun of other hipsters for not being hipstery enough.
...and ironically drinking PBR, until they see someone else drinking PBR, which makes it "too mainstream".

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
These online lists are getting quite boring. They all look the same, eg:

Overly acidic Nicaraguan cigars? Check!
Hipster smokes for street cred? Check!
A few skunky, funky-tasting Davidoffs? Check!Omission of Cuban cigars? Check!

This is pretty much every internet list. Wake me up when someone does, says or even smokes something interesting. Zzzzzzzzzzz......Zzzzzzzzzzz.....(cough, cough).....Zzzzzzzzz.
Instead of burying your bone in the backyard of someone else's house*, why don't you make your own, interesting list?

*Do you see what what i did there?
Agreed. I'd like to see your list, @DirtDog. I'm not saying that to be snarky.
So, still no list? @DirtDog seems to be a typical loud mouth with nothing effective to add to a conversation.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I've never even heard of most of them.....
This may be because they only rate cigars that were newly released in the year. That being said, I forgot about Mellilo's Tabernacle. I'll have to pick up a fiver.
You don't know Tom I guess... lol. I haven't heard of most of them for the same reason as Tom. :confused::wacky: