What's new

Cigar Friendly Board Games? Checkers, Chess, Backgammon, etc... Cards?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Do any of you play board games while enjoying a cigar? Maybe play cards?

After seeing a pretty sweet backgammon board in Cigar Aficionado I decided I wanted to play. It had been over a decade so we're still getting the strategy down, but I've had a blast and it seems to be a great game to go with cigar enjoyment!

I'm not much of a chess player, yet, but have been slowly learning and a buddy and I made the hour+ drive to the nearest B&M awhile back and picked up a chess board at a Wal-Mart... That was a good time as well. Besides that we've played dominoes, canasta, pinochle, and all sorts of poker variations.

What games to you play while partaking of the leaf?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The local B&M here only have TV's and extremely big and comfy leather chairs. Well, only the ones I've been frequenting. And I've been guilty and actually fell asleep in them a few times lol.

I've seen at Cigars International, a pool table. Pictures on facebook, I've seen some texas hold 'em tables as well or maybe just general card tables.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I love cribbage, wasted away many an hour on deployments taking out fellow Sailors for a penny a point (to be paid at the end of the deployment) i think the most i have won was just over 10 bucks after a 6 month deployment. since i got out i dont have anyone to play with. my Uncle and i used to play but he is recovering from his second bout of throat cancer and doesnt have the strength to sit up and play any more. trying to teach my even year old but its a little over her head LOL

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Man, thanks for the great idea. My mother in law bought me axis and allies, but I never have a time to sit down and play it with most of my friends since they don't smoke and need sports to occupy themselves (not that I don't like sports). Maybe I can recruit @ZippoGeek to come to our local b&m lounge to learn how to play.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Man, thanks for the great idea. My mother in law bought me axis and allies, but I never have a time to sit down and play it with most of my friends since they don't smoke and need sports to occupy themselves (not that I don't like sports). Maybe I can recruit @ZippoGeek to come to our local b&m lounge to learn how to play.
Wish you were in AZ, I would love to play some Axis Allies.