What's new

Cigar Journal

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How extensive do you want to be? I keep a handwritten journal comparing the flavors I find to the reviews, length of smoke, how long in the humidor, cost, burn, etc.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do reviews on my Facebook page. It pisses off my holier-than-tho family members and entertains my pot-stirring family members and I also have a few friends who enjoy my reviews. I started it just to keep track of my cigar journey, having only started to smoke cigars last year, and now it's fun and I have a little friends fan base.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I have a couple methods that work great for me to have duplicates on my computer and my phone. The app store has the Cigar Scanner which is awesome, allows you to pick and log each size you own, what you rated it, date you purchased, and also allows you to keep a wish list of things you're interested in purchasing and a favorites list of things you loved. The other method I use is excel spreadsheets to log the sticks I want and the sticks I have, their sizes, and two different rating systems (0 - 5.0 and 1-5 stars if I'm lazy and don't want to use the rating calculator I modified from someone else). If you guys want my rating system it weighs the different categories of each stick (burn, construction, flavor and overall experience). Or if you want the entire spreadsheet file let me know I'll email it to you.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There is a phone app. "Aficianado" I love it. You can log every cigar into several humidors, if u have multiple. They cab be sorted it by groups. Price, country, etc. Also has tasting notes where u can time ur smoke and fill out a flavor wheel for each third. It is also helpful to find length and ring gauge.Screenshot_20180211-080207.png Screenshot_20180211-080150.png

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I just enjoy relaxing and enjoying a nice cigar. The thought of analyzing a cigar as I smoke just has no appeal to me. By the time I am done smoking I know if I enjoyed it or not. The experience is rarely the same the next time I smoke one from the same batch.
I realize others enjoy exploring deeper on the subtle nuances and keeping track. I am just not that guy.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There is a phone app. "Aficianado" I love it. You can log every cigar into several humidors, if u have multiple. They cab be sorted it by groups. Price, country, etc. Also has tasting notes where u can time ur smoke and fill out a flavor wheel for each third. It is also helpful to find length and ring gauge.View attachment 108583 View attachment 108584
I looked into this and the reviews where kind of ho hum, limited inventory of cigars and no way to put in past pricing and where you bought them. Is this your experience?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I looked into this and the reviews where kind of ho hum, limited inventory of cigars and no way to put in past pricing and where you bought them. Is this your experience?
Yes it is but it is the only app that comes close to being perfect. In terms of inventory you can request new cigars and their turn around is pretty quick. But I just get creative instead. I will just choose a very similar cigar and write in the notes what it actually is, who I got it from, which box pass, etc.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
@gmm213 don't overthink it yet. Record what you like and don't like, don't worry too much about flavor profiles, yet, if you notice some great! I use my "notes" AP for what I've had and what I want etc. one thing I didn't see any one else comment on was recording WRAPPER,BINDER and FILLERS that were if at all possible of what you like and don't like, that's far more important than brand or anything else when deciding on what future cigars to buy and NOT buy. Example: if you smoke something with an Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper and hate it (highly unlikely) you may want to hesitate on buying any more using that wrapper until your palette changes, and it WILL. Have fun! SAVE your money,LOL YEAH RIGHT!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I pay close attention to my pre-smoke meal and beverage accompaniment; all documented accordingly.
I love Mexican food.
Though, I have yet to find a cigar blend that marries well with spicy food (or spicy food burps) ... According to my low performance palate.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It depends; I love writing reviews, and used to review a lot of smokes. It really helped me to better describe flavor profiles and to better understand complex smokes. I hardly ever do it anymore. I have several reviews written in a word document that I probably should post at some point.