What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be 22 inches wide. If it is I'd say it's 34 RG. It looks like ones I seen on epray that get cut in half after they've been rolled. (none for an example at this moment) Often they'll have a slit down the middle of the bottom half.
That’s what I was gonna say. Looks like the ninfa vitola which is 33rg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post because I am excited with no one to tell... Found a cigar mold at a yard sale for dirt cheap and I'm ready to roll something other than the torpedoes that have been kicking my ass. Gonna try my hand at these later tonight once I get all the dirt/mold cleaned off...

Attachments

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just wanted to post because I am excited with no one to tell... Found a cigar mold at a yard sale for dirt cheap and I'm ready to roll something other than the torpedoes that have been kicking my ass. Gonna try my hand at these later tonight once I get all the dirt/mold cleaned off...
From one of the most difficult shapes to another most difficult shape. Lol. Perfectos can be tricky as well. Good luck dude, starting hard only makes you better in the end.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh boy now I'm nervous for tonight... :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
You actually a found simplified version of a salamon/diadem type situation, which is possible to roll in just one direction, like a parejo or torpedo, rather than something like this which is normally done in two directions. So you could fudge it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You actually a found simplified version of a salamon/diadem type situation, which is possible to roll in just one direction, like a parejo or torpedo, rather than something like this which is normally done in two directions. So you could fudge it.
I found a video i'm going to use for reference that looks like it should work. A Short Story I had laying around fit perfectly in it, so i'm going to use that for an example... Hopefully..

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I found a video i'm going to use for reference that looks like it should work. A Short Story I had laying around fit perfectly in it, so i'm going to use that for an example... Hopefully..
What video did you find? I did a video about it and I've never seen any other one; I would love to see someone else's tho. I've improved my methods a lot since I made the video. I was going to make another one, but if there's a better, pro one out there then I'll skip it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What video did you find? I did a video about it and I've never seen any other one; I would love to see someone else's tho. I've improved my methods a lot since I made the video. I was going to make another one, but if there's a better, pro one out there then I'll skip it.
It's not exactly the same but I feel like It should point me in the right direction.

You've done one on this size? I feel like I've seen every one of your videos multiple times and I can't remember it. I need to go back and look!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's not exactly the same but I feel like It should point me in the right direction.

You've done one on this size? I feel like I've seen every one of your videos multiple times and I can't remember it. I need to go back and look!
Yeah, what he does there is pretty much what I do now. I used to use one piece of leaf instead of two, but now rather than leaving the specially-shaped first part attached and then going back and continuing its wrap in the opposite direction, I just cut it off, then go back and use it as a second piece, like he does here. If you want to find my old way, just look through my stuff for something with the word Salomon in the description.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful mold, did you buy new or used? Seems to be superior to the common black plastic moulds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I had to take a second look at the epray listing above. I thought it would be black but, it is brown. it is used.
I have another BLH mold and they are a higher quality then some others.

http://i.imgur.com/lFvfmT7.jpg

This seller has bin selling some molds so, keep an eye out.

Last edited:

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
WOW!
Order placed!
I may need a beneficiary when my wife sees the shipment...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am really looking forward to using this fecto mnold WLT sent me:

What an elegant taper! With both ends so closed off, I'll have to give my bunch just the right length to fit in the mold
Whenever I'm using a double-closed-ends figurado mold I invariably bunch too long for the first half a dozen attempts. Even when I tell myself, "Bunch it an inch too short," I end up an inch too long.