What's new

Cigar Nut on a College Budget

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Girlfriend got me a cigar of the month club membership for our anniversary!!! Looks like there was an option we all missed lol
She is a keeper... put a ring on it! haha
Agreed! In this day and age she is a rare find! Good work brother! :tiphat:

I have been getting my GF to stop smoking cigs, and to smoke my cigars when I smoke them to start accepting my habit.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Seriously good advice, i'm in college and my go to is being patient on cigarauctioneer.com and as for a humidor, cigar international almost always has a 10 stick and 50 count humidor deal going on for about 40 bucks. The result you get great smokes cheap. Undercrowns for 3.50, la aurora 107 for 2.25, four kicks for 2.25, samplers can be good if your still trying to find your taste. As I have found just stop buying booze, I ended up going for RC cola instead haha. And with that you open up anywhere between 60-100 dollars a month on sticks easily 30-40 cigars. Plus chasing tail at parties is easier sober anyway, and the cigars just seem to make the girls more interested. Can't complain there is nothing better then smoking a tasty cigar.

-Brother Broadleaf

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just want to say that smoking a pipe is another way to get some Tobacco at a good price and one thing that can be said is that you don't have to have a 400 Peterson to smoke a pipe. Some of the best pipes can be bought for under 30 bucks. Cobs cost 4 to more then some nice Briars. I smoke both Cigars and Pipes. I started smoking cigars and then picked up a pipe and over the years I would smoke cigars more then pipes and pipes more then cigars. Today I am in the pipe mode. Used to smoke 3 to 5 cigars a day. a pipe or 2 a week. Now I am 4 cigars a week to 1 a day and 8 to 10 bowls of tobacco. I will say one thing for pipe tobacco buying. Some of the Tins of tobacco I buy can cost 10 or 20 but the enjoyment for that cost is more then once. Smoke for your happiness. I have known a few people in College that smoke pipes. There are even SOTL out there. I used to subscribe to one on youtube. Met my wife in 2012 and we married in 2012, She smokes both cigars and pipes. Honestly one of the reasons that I started smoking more Pipes is because I was finding that buying cigars for my son, wife and I can be very costly. Plus she likes my other hobby. RCs and buying Nitro in the summer for our trucks, Cigars and Pipe tobacco. Anyway you get the drift. So in 2013 I started smoking pipes more and started collecting them as well. Just put all the Nitros to rest for the fall and winter. So now we can buy more tobacco products. In 2012 I had 6 pipes today I have 83. Well back to the OP. I would check out a pipe. there are a few pipe tobaccos with cigar tobacco in them. Infact I and others smoke scrap cigars in our pipes as well. Some even make their own pipe tobacco blends from cigars. Also a tin of tobacco can smoke about 10 to 20 bowls depends on the blend and size of pipe.... I smoke some OTC brands that have been around for years as well. I don't only buy Tins of tobacco. As much as I smoke. I like and started with Prince Albert and Captain Black. One is 12oz can I buy and one is 14oz can. Plus I smoke some other blends that are otc from Lane LTD. but with some of the price of Premium tobaccos becoming as low as what I can buy them for. I am starting to buy more bulk, Store in Kerr Jars or mason jars. I mean some tobacco for 16oz cost less then Prince Albert 14oz. Anyway you get the idea. Don't rule out Pipes.

James

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When I was in college, I graduated in 1999 I smoked Garcia Vegas not knowing any better, but only smoked on weekends. Now I can afford to smoke good stuff. But had I a known the info I have now I would order bundles from CI where you can create your own and they come out to 3$ a stick. They have to be better than Garcia Vegas right. Also, Holts.com always has things called deep 6 closeouts and 6packs to go. They are good smokes for about 3 bucks a stick. They ship everywhere as well.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0