What's new

Cigar Shack Build w/photos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a GREAT shed! I'm a porch smoker out of respect to my wife and kids but I do have a large shed built of the back of my garage. We built it as a screened porch but living here and facing open country, it never really worked for that purpose so we skinned over it and changed the door out for double doors and stow the lawn tractor and similar in there. I suppose I could sit out there and smoke but your shed ruined it for me! ;)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As a fellow brother in the Great White North I know that if you heat a space in the winter and try to exhaust the smoke, it get freekin cold really fast. I assume you don't exhaust the smoke in the dead of winter.

Oh yeah... very cool man cave !

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
As a fellow brother in the Great White North I know that if you heat a space in the winter and try to exhaust the smoke, it get freekin cold really fast. I assume you don't exhaust the smoke in the dead of winter.

Oh yeah... very cool man cave !
Oh yeah, I crack the window a bit and use the exhaust fan. The gas heater keeps it nice and toasty. In fact I usually wear just a tshirt/sweatpants out there in the winter.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Looks like it was built to last! I imagine everything has held up fine since you started, but if you were to do it again would you change anything?
Probably the only things I would change would have to do with ventilation. I'd use an even bigger exhaust fan, though the one out there does the job if it's just 1 or 2 guys, and I would put in at least one more window, maybe two even on opposite walls to get some airflow happening. That's just nitpicky stuff though, now that it's getting chilly at nights I'm out there more and more often and still just love my little oasis.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
WOW!!

Nice work man. If I can ever afford my own house I'm totally doing this!

Yep, pulled wifey over and showed her this. This will be the first thing I do if we ever get into a house!

really nice work!