What's new

Cigar Shop Music Suggestions

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
As usual, your posts are very insightful and truly helpful. Thank you so much, Ara.
You're right, maybe I should use memes or gifs to make my comments useful. You asked for opinions, I gave mine? Why ask if you don't want to hear it. Everyone else seemed to agree with you, why can I not disagree?

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
You're right, maybe I should use memes or gifs to make my comments useful. You asked for opinions, I gave mine? Why ask if you don't want to hear it. Everyone else seemed to agree with you, why can I not disagree?
This thread has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. It's about what you prefer to listen to while at a cigar shop. In fact, I asked: "Give me your preferred music to listen to while at a Cigar Shop." As in, tell us what you prefer to listen to so we can check it out.

To even further ask for who you prefer to listen to, I said to give us "Specific bands/artists would be ideal to list versus stating a blanket genre of music"

...so, there's that.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I like old blues, Lead belly, Robert Johnson, etc., old jazz, Coltrane, Thelonius, etc., some newer roots/bluegrass/folk/alt country stuff like greensky bluegrass, trampled by turtles, devil makes three, old crow medicine show, shovels and rope, Jason isbell to name a few

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
This thread has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. It's about what you prefer to listen to while at a cigar shop. In fact, I asked: "Give me your preferred music to listen to while at a Cigar Shop." As in, tell us what you prefer to listen to so we can check it out.

To even further ask for who you prefer to listen to, I said to give us "Specific bands/artists would be ideal to list versus stating a blanket genre of music"

...so, there's that.
Fair enough but I don't see you denigrating the usefulness or integrity of those who didn't do that and said agreeable things.

Also, my intent was not to offend you so I'll leave you to it.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
This thread is Gold! I've been wondering what y'all liked.. Lotta great bands and tunes referenced here. Though I'm not sure I can get on board with your metal Mondays VeLoRoK.... ;)
I'd definitely go for most that have been mentioned, but I'd have to add "in sound from way out" and Rodrigo y Gabriela at least.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I have to say that a bunch of you in this thread have some really excellent taste in music, especially the blues and rock artists you mention. Good crowd, good crowd.

Only thing I saw missing that I enjoy while smoking was some classic 60's and 70's Motown and Philadelphia sounds. Among the artists I'd recommend would be Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, The Spinners, The O'Jays, The Supremes, Al Green, Temptations, Four Tops....too many for me to type.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you're trying to create a mood so that your customers can window / humidor shop and still be able to converse with you or your staff then for sure the already suggested Latino music along with Los Super Seven.

I also think some jazz would be good. There's a w-i-d-e array of artists and off the top of my head, I'd put on:
Early George Benson
Pat Metheny
Pat Martino
Joe Pass
Chet Atkins
Crusaders
Wes Montgomery
Larry Carlton
Toots Thieleman
Grover Washington, Jr.
David Sanborn
Bob James
Dave Grusin
Joe Sample
Dave Brubeck
Stanley Turrentine
Sadao Watanabe
Earl Klugh
Stanley Jordan
Grant Green
Lee Ritenour
Acoustic Alchemy
Michael Franks
Gonzalo Rabalcaba
Some of them are poppish / MOR but if it's background music you're looking for, they'll certainly fit the bill.

Others that popped into my head:
JJ Cale
Leo Kottke
Leon Redbone
Early Neil Young
Ry Cooder
Ladysmith Black Mambazo

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This thread is Gold! I've been wondering what y'all liked.. Lotta great bands and tunes referenced here. Though I'm not sure I can get on board with your metal Mondays VeLoRoK.... ;) .
I could go for metal mondays, but went for more of a mellow feel. My personal music taste versus what i think would fit the vibe provided would differ a lot.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Maybe. The app is called SoundShare. It basically lets you make a playlist collaborative and it can pull from Spotify or Apple Music or pandora I think. Basically bridges the gap between all the platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
We have Sonos for the shop, and I have Tunein app on my phone, I play JazzClub and a station called old time jazz/blues (or something like that) people love the music I play, everyone else plays classic rock or White Stripes kind of stuff, I have people come to the shop only on the says I work, because of the music, and i'm a helluva guy too I suppose, but mostly for the music.......and this makes me happy.

Sometimes when I'm in a mood I'll change it up, like maybe it's a Charlie Parker kind of day or Charles Mingus, hell last Sunday was Tom Waits day.