What's new

Cigar Shop Music Suggestions

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honestly when I occasional go to a B & M, I would rather talk to people, then listen to elevator music. Maybe people do not realize but because of "royalty money" it could cost the B & M Owner if say he was constantly playing a CD of Beach Boys music.

Rules are different for say a business, them me have friend over, and playing a CD. because the business is a commercial enterprise.

This is the reason you do not hear people (employees)[/b] singing you Happy birthday in a resturant. Someone who own the copywriter to Happy Birthday Song want their cut for performing their music.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Honestly when I occasional go to a B & M, I would rather talk to people, then listen to elevator music. .
I agree, that's why it's background music, it's never too loud, and if it is I will turn it down to a low roar. If someone asks me to turn up the volume on the sports game I will and turn the music completely off, when they leave and I check with everyone I turn the music back on....I don't want to bother people with it, it's just there for ambiance.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thing I find about talking with people who have different life experiences, you learn thing you may soon or later need. We have this old boy we call Charlie, he work 50 years in the bedding business. In manufacturing, retail sales support, bidding hotels, motels, and big institional orders. Honestly I tell people before you spend thousands of buck sdon a bed talk to Charlie to get the real information.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well my choice of music is know as Surf Rock, Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, and other Surfing Music. Just the stuff I like.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Funny thing is how serious I am. I dig jazz and blues also, but have found how easily it puts me to sleep when I'm hanging out at a cigar lounge. Nicky Blaines in downtown Indianapolis is like made to put you to sleep. Dim lights, jazz music, super plush chairs/couches. It's like they're trying to slip a ruffee in my drink or something. I can relax to heavy metal and it doesn't tell my body to close my eyes and start counting sheep.

Just not a fan of jazz in a setting like this. I want to be upbeat and alert while smoking and socializing. Not putty in some creepy dude's hands, just waiting to take me out back.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Funny thing is how serious I am. I dig jazz and blues also, but have found how easily it puts me to sleep when I'm hanging out at a cigar lounge. Nicky Blaines in downtown Indianapolis is like made to put you to sleep. Dim lights, jazz music, super plush chairs/couches. It's like they're trying to slip a ruffee in my drink or something. I can relax to heavy metal and it doesn't tell my body to close my eyes and start counting sheep.

Just not a fan of jazz in a setting like this. I want to be upbeat and alert while smoking and socializing. Not putty in some creepy dude's hands, just waiting to take me out back.
I too like jazz but more upbeat old ska regae. Like Toots and the Maytals or The Skatalites. Not so much 3rd wave ska.

But metal in a shop to jam out would be awesome and would not put me asleep.