What's new

Cigar Source

If you could order from one source only where would it be and why?

• Cigars International

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • Famous Smoke Shop

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Holt's

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • New Havana

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • Thompson

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other, tell me.

Votes: 45 33.6%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Ok, so I may have screwed up. I got started with Thompson. (I didn't know, I'm a newbie) On the bright side, I will have material to start a fire in the fireplace forever....

I have read others who say that they are expensive and the customer service is bad. Personal experience has been fine, and considering the 10%that they give you back, I have found the prices to be the same as others online. But, if you could only order from one source, where would it be and why? (Alphabetical)

- Cigars International
- Famous Smoke Shop
- Holt's
- New Havana
- Thompson
- Other, tell me.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
http://www.newhavanacigars.com/

Dan, is a great guy, since I have meet and smoked with him. That gives it a boost. Still, when I order online, my main focus is price, followed by customer service, even though they are pretty close. I have had some issues, called up Dan and he took care of it right away.

http://www.cigarsatyourprice.com/
http://www.niceashcigars.com/
http://www.egars.com/

All the same guys (David). I have ordered many times from them. I call up to see what is in stock as what is listed online is not always accurate (ok, a lot). For what I look for can't beat the price.

and others here and there based on what I want, picked up a couple of Padron samplers for various places for like $99 that I thought were very good deal.

I mean price is good, but if I can pick up the phone, they know me, I know them, then life is good. Kind of like Blackwells in San Fran. I have probably order $500 of beer and wine in the past 2 months from there. He gets some HTF stuff that I can't here and he throws in more than he says, like 3 bottle max, well, I got 6. So, it made me feel good and I would give him my business again. That is the customer service I am talking about. YOu treat every customer with respect, but you do have your best customer s that you give a little.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
New Havana Cigars. Selection is great, web site is very well set up, descriptions of cigars carried is excellent, shipments can be tracked from the web site, courteous guys who love what they do.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have used all of the above, all have done a good job, New Havana Cigars does seem to have a great selection and fast delivery NHC is my choice.......

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have very VERY little choice, but the only site I have found that is willing to work with me is Atlantic Cigar. They have been great over the last almost 2 years of ording. Prices are excellent and people know what they are talking about when you call or email.
I cannot afford to buy from the B&M's, but if I could, I would.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I really don't buy much off any on the list. While Dan at NHC has great customer service he has a very limited selection. Price has always been secondary to me vs selection. Cigars are about friendship and relaxation to me so I tend to buy from shops that have treated me well or I know some one who works there. Really I think all 3 of our sponsors stores would treat you pretty good and they all have a better selection then some on the list.

Posted via Mobile Device

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I picked others becaue I would support my B&M if I had only one place to choose from. That being said all of those options except Thompsons are good places to buy from.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
If I could only buy from one place it would be my local B&M. As it is I purchase most of my stuff anymore from the B&M and a little online.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
New Havana, for sure. I also order from Holt's and Famous, and occasionally CI.

I'll never order from Thompson's again. No way.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have ordered from several of the sites listed. I prefer to shop locally and here is why.

And OBTW, sorry if it appears I am trying to take over the thread.

I had an opportunity a year or so ago to sit down with the owner of JMG Distributors and he "schooled me" (and a few other of us who were gathered for a Drew Estate/JDN Event on the politics and the reason for supporting CA Brick and Mortar shops.

Besides the politics and profit piece, the parts which drove it home for me were these:

1) When you shop local and over time it becomes a net-net proposition. For when you are a regular, you get gifted (at least in my case) almost 1-2 boxes a year (in increments of 1-2 sticks). Not to mention that on occasion, we come across some aged stuff and we take care of you guys.

2) In the case of the bulk of the shops that I supply, you get to smoke in the lounge for free (with the customary purchase). Besides, have you ever smoked in an online cigar shop?

3) If you get a bad stick or in some cases, one you just hate, your local guy is going to take care of you.

4) It supports your local economy and attempts to keep the smoke haters from complete takeover.

5) Take advantage of the fact that living in this area you can go frequent shops from Sacramento to San Francisco and I am certain that your smoking pleasures can be met by one of these shops.

and last but not least...

6) I am open to starting relationships with any of the manufacturers out there whose product is something my customers are willing to purchase.

All that said, for those LE's and sticks I cannot find anywhere else, I shop online. Although I am finding that except in rare instances, JMG can get hold of almost everything except the dang Viaje Holiday Blend.

Sorry for the long post. Just sharing the share.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would ABSOLUTELY love to agree with you LTS, but where I live, you cannot smoke indoors...ANYWHERE. This is rediculous, I know, but it is the law. I have never had the chance to smoke in a cigar shop as they all went smoke-free about 4-5 years ago just as I was getting serious with cigars. I am a family man with a very limited budget for cigars, so when I go into my local B&M and they are charging $20 for a Padron 2000 single, I can only afford that so many times. As I do live in Canada, and we can get Cubans readily, I don't know too many of you that are up for paying $23 and up for a single cigar. You count how many stogies you are smoking this week, then add that up and multiply the number by 2.5 and you will understand why I would love to be able to go to a place to actually converse and relax without feeling like I am an outcast.
I have never, yes I am saying never, been to a HERF or even had the chance to smoke with others of this great past time we have here in a group. I know that people get together now and then, but unless you are on the inside of some of the places, you never do get to know this...and not being able to afford to come in a lot makes that very hard.
So for us that cannot afford to go into a B&M very often (which I do try to buy from as much as I can because I understand thier plight) I shop online. Oh yeah, and it makes it very difficult to find a good shop when the owners here mostly dont smoke the product, hence the reason I have reverted to forums to try to find others and info.
This is one of the main reasons I am going to go to Nicaragua with the CigarTourism people in Jan. I want to experience what I have been missing: basically a big herf.