What's new

Cigar Source

If you could order from one source only where would it be and why?

• Cigars International

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • Famous Smoke Shop

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Holt's

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • New Havana

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • Thompson

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other, tell me.

Votes: 45 33.6%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
LTS, you're in Dublin, right? We're lucky to have Mission Pipe nearby. I still shop online, particularly for LE and specials, but I'm glad to have a place nearby with a good selection, fair prices, and comfortable chairs.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Please don't misinterpret, I have nothing against B&M. SW Michigan is somewhat rural and the closest B&M is 40 minutes away (one-way). I support them when I can.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTS, you're in Dublin, right? We're lucky to have Mission Pipe nearby. I still shop online, particularly for LE and specials, but I'm glad to have a place nearby with a good selection, fair prices, and comfortable chairs.
Yes. I am from Dublin and yes, I love Mission Pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
If I had to choose from the list you've got there, I'd go with CI. That said, The Burning Leaf has always taken care of guys here and I wouldn't hesitate to give them a ring :thumbsup:.

Dan

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Dan for Tats
Really like serious cigars for just about everything. Real time inventory is a big deal. My local shop carries what he wants people to smoke. Nothing new there, just a place to smoke in the winter. Asked for Tats, air benders, and EP Carrillo. Nothing...so I buy majority of my sticks online. D

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I like the following
Leaf and Ale
Cigar.Com
Atlantic cigar

I do n't go with just one vendor. I am a cruiser, I look for the best price no matter who it is, EXCEPT for Thompson's, I would rather have a 500 lb gorilla screw me in the ass without vaseline, than do business with them. I used to like Famous until this last purchase, I bought a 5'er of CAO Brazilia's. I let them sit a couple of weeks, 1st one I tried cracked, 2nd one too, instead of trying anymore I wrote and asked them if there had been any complaints from others. I got a lecture back saying they need to sit before smoking, yada yada yada and that if I had problems with any of the others to use their refund option, which is to say only those I returned would I receive money for, I don't save my cigars that splity. I wasn't looking for a refund but an answer . I didn't even get an apology...
(I have never had a CAO split on me!

I was pissed, to tell me how to smoke a cigar was beyond patronizing, more like belittling. I smoked others out of the humi in the same time frame and none of them cracked/split. My humi sits at 69% humidity so that is and was not the problem.

Any other vendor I have ever spoke to if there was a problem would immediately apologize and offer replacements, no questioned asked.
Now the last 2 years I have done ALOT of business with them, so it wasn't like this was a one shot deal.

Earlier this year I received a bonus at work and so splurged on smokes, half were purchased at Famous, 1/4 of biz went to Cigar.com and the rest split between Leaf and Ale, Tinderbox, Atlantic and Holt's.

I received some free smokes for doing business with Cigar.Com and Leaf and Ale, and Ashtray from Holt's, so this got me thinking, hell I did a large $$ transaction with Famous, so I e-mailed them and said look, I spent this much money I think you ought to throw a bonie my way. They acted like I stuck my nose in their ass and was sniffing to see what they last had to eat. Begrudgingly they sent me a cheap-ass ballcap.

So now Thompson's and Famous are now in the - NOT GETTING MY BUSINESS, catagory.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I like the following
Leaf and Ale
Cigar.Com
Atlantic cigar

I do n't go with just one vendor. I am a cruiser, I look for the best price no matter who it is, EXCEPT for Thompson's, I would rather have a 500 lb gorilla screw me in the ass without vaseline, than do business with them. I used to like Famous until this last purchase, I bought a 5'er of CAO Brazilia's. I let them sit a couple of weeks, 1st one I tried cracked, 2nd one too, instead of trying anymore I wrote and asked them if there had been any complaints from others. I got a lecture back saying they need to sit before smoking, yada yada yada and that if I had problems with any of the others to use their refund option, which is to say only those I returned would I receive money for, I don't save my cigars that splity. I wasn't looking for a refund but an answer . I didn't even get an apology...
(I have never had a CAO split on me!

I was pissed, to tell me how to smoke a cigar was beyond patronizing, more like belittling. I smoked others out of the humi in the same time frame and none of them cracked/split. My humi sits at 69% humidity so that is and was not the problem.

Any other vendor I have ever spoke to if there was a problem would immediately apologize and offer replacements, no questioned asked.
Now the last 2 years I have done ALOT of business with them, so it wasn't like this was a one shot deal.

Earlier this year I received a bonus at work and so splurged on smokes, half were purchased at Famous, 1/4 of biz went to Cigar.com and the rest split between Leaf and Ale, Tinderbox, Atlantic and Holt's.

I received some free smokes for doing business with Cigar.Com and Leaf and Ale, and Ashtray from Holt's, so this got me thinking, hell I did a large $$ transaction with Famous, so I e-mailed them and said look, I spent this much money I think you ought to throw a bonie my way. They acted like I stuck my nose in their ass and was sniffing to see what they last had to eat. Begrudgingly they sent me a cheap-ass ballcap.

So now Thompson's and Famous are now in the - NOT GETTING MY BUSINESS, catagory.
Wow! Sorry that they treated you like that Jim! I know for a fact that other BOTL's have had problems with famous this year, even getting 2 boxes of CAO visions w/ mold on them!:stickbeat It took a protest/boycott by several BOTL to get them to reconsider their position and make it right. Maybe we here at BOTL should do the same thing! I'm just sayin!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If people are having problems with famous why are they still a sponsor? I know I am a NOOB to the board and may not have the right to ask this. If i offend anyone Im sorry. But if people are having problems & know of people that had problems why support the,?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holts for me. Have used them for many years and they are always shipped well packed and usually arrive the next day with out overnite shipping!!! AND they have excellent pricing.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Only ever ordered from cigar.com and that was just once. But great customer service I had received a an olivia o with a cracked wrapper and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Also placed a relatively big order with them and they cut about 40 dollars off the bill which i appreciated greatly.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Only ever ordered from cigar.com and that was just once. But great customer service I had received a an olivia o with a cracked wrapper and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Also placed a relatively big order with them and they cut about 40 dollars off the bill which i appreciated greatly.

I signed up for their e-mails and have received some great mails from them with some sweet prices, I even e-mailed them a few weeks after one deal they notified me about (CAO Sopranos) and asked if they still had any left, they promptly let me know they did and even still honored the sale prices. I get the feeling that once you make a purchase you are assigned a salesperson because I only get replies (except for once) the same guy, they keep your card on file (sweet, I hate having to resubmit it, and when I have ever ordered I just tell them how many of the deals I want and promptly receive back the receipt and soon after the shipping info.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Wow! Sorry that they treated you like that Jim! I know for a fact that other BOTL's have had problems with famous this year, even getting 2 boxes of CAO visions w/ mold on them!:stickbeat It took a protest/boycott by several BOTL to get them to reconsider their position and make it right. Maybe we here at BOTL should do the same thing! I'm just sayin!

Not a bad idea but I have to wonder what has changed there for them to suck so bad. In this economy businesses should be bending over backwards to please their customers... I'm just saying

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I started I was all about Cigars International. And occasionally still order form them, but truly I think I am sold on supporting B&M's. Burning LEaf, Leaf and Ale, and George's top the list for me right now.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
I order from Famous all the time. I've never had a problem with them or with their cigars as far as I can remember.

I will say there are some online retailers that are posted in this thread that I've never heard of before so my opinion might change after I peruse their wares.